Halo 405th

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by halopedia, Jan 17, 2010.

1. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

Found it!

found a link to paverpol australia(my country). pretty expensive, but it will be worth it!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::cool:sign1
    still need visor options (preferabley cheap)
  2. MTK

MTK Active Member

Have you tried PETG from a 2 liter soda bottle?:confused:
  3. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

didnt you already say that? whats the difference?:confused:
  4. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

A place where Wal-Mart has not sucked the life out of it???
    Wish I lived there!!!
  5. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

aussie aussie aussie!

meh. the place aint to bad. i mean, i like it. wal mart though. what do you mean that wal mart hasnt sucked the life out of australia? wait,
    you mean wal mart sucks life! stay away wal, or you can eat kangaroo fist!
    he he!:thumb:sign1:twisted:
  6. Sanginus

Sanginus Member

by the way,
    germany is a Wal-Mart free zone :cool:
  7. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

sweet! but seriously, lets get back to the main subject now shall we? help halopedia with his helmet ( and me!):cool:
  8. mtfbwu97

mtfbwu97 New Member

oi zwave343.... try to make a support on the inside of the helmet before u mache it
  9. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

Lab face shields the lens is 6.00 dollars the whole thing 13 dollars.I think thats as cheap as it gets.
  10. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

omg thank you guys! wait a minute though. in what countries dollars are we talking about the face shield? aus dollars, us dollars, banna dollars?:confused:
  11. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

US dollars.Went over to the 405th your using 20 lbs paper i think You will be better off using card stock on the rifle.I would also stuff the helmet with something before wetting it with anything 20 lbs paper is a little flimsy.You can problly get the lab visor at any hardware store.
  12. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

actualy, i have no idea what type of paper im using. this is just the basic stuff i got out of my printer. but ok. but please tell me that cardstock isnt card! i really hate my self for using that stuff. it is just about impossible to use. wont glue down properly. but i got the mag up on the 405th.
  13. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

Ok 20 lb paper is the stuff you write a letter on .65 and 110 lb are for report covers and greeting cards.Poster board is the plywood of paper models.hardest to work with and most durable on its own.65 to 110 lb is the best for what you are trying to do.For glue I use BEACON,S 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue.It,s like instant glue with out the staining or glue your fingers together.20 lb paper is good for small stuff and details.
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

I use 80 lb for some things, but I'm kind of stuck on 110lb for larger models and for stiffness on smaller models.
  15. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

right well i have no idea what you just said, but its a bit late to start making my helmet from, what ever it is. all i know is that im using EXP800 laser/copy paper A4, 80gsm white. it is also acid free it says! i think thats good right?