Halloween Week at the Blue Note

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Golly it is cold out. Got just the thing for you here!

Menue tonight will be my own concoction, Buffalo Ribs and they will warm the cockles of yer heart ifn' ya got one. For dessert we're trying to do some of them newly popular deep fried Twinkies. Tell me what ya think of 'em.

For drinks I got some hot and hard country cider and coffee with just about anything hard in it for 25% off! Now them's that want's it with EG instead, Nelson has kindly lent me some for ya.

Mr. Feedwater, kindly take them flippers off outside and a few feet from the door as I don't want the jamb freezin' up and folks slippin'

Got a jazz group coming in on Friday night and Saturday. Trying to put on a little something extra for Thursday but please wear tasteful costumes this year. Mr. Stumps I don't want you showing up as a Tampax again ok!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
For drinks I got some hot and hard country cider

I recall some New York State apple jack, one year, for Thanksgiving. Didn't feel a thing,,, until I tried to stand up..... Next I knew was wonderin' why I'd never noticed how fast the ceiling could spin!
I do respect the stuff a little more now.
"deep fried twinkies"!!!! Did you cook for Fear Factor??
Buffalo ribs sounds good, so long as you left some of the meat on 'em, after removing the wings.
"deep fried twinkies",,,, hmmmmm.
Haven't heard a real good jazz group in a while, have to get in here for that.
"deep fried twinkies' and hard country cider. Sounds good, not RC Cola and a moon pie, but good just the same.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Two orders of those ribs tonight with the fixings and a sip of that "cider". Got to get off this computer and get back to work - there's a railroad to build and I am spending my time admiring all the stuff being done by this group.

Well, maybe I stay a bit longer to finish the ribs:D :)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I think I will wander on in from this cold raw rainy night. We all might need Mr. Feedwater's flippers to get home tonight if the rain don't quit.

I take my usual table in the back corner and an order of them ribs and some Irish coffee to take the chill off.

I can't decide what is more entertaining the jazz band or watching the band of (ir)regulars.

Biggles

Oct 23, 2002
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
Originally posted by TomPM
I think I will wander on in from this cold raw rainy night. We all might need Mr. Feedwater's flippers to get home tonight if the rain don't quit.

watching the band of (ir)regulars.

I live over the Paper mache mountain and we could sure use some of that rain.
A bit of bracing cold would be refreshing as well.

NYCentral

Aug 29, 2002
Albany, NY
Visit site
The Beautiful Gsaltys and myself would like a table for two in the corner Friday night so we can watch the antics of Mr Feedwater and Stumpy (oh you said Jazz not Comedy) Oh well.

Originally posted by NYCentral
The Beautiful Gsaltys and myself would like a table for two in the corner Friday night so we can watch the antics of Mr Feedwater and Stumpy (oh you said Jazz not Comedy) Oh well.

Ahemm, there will be no antics between the Stump and Mr. Feedwater as both will be away from the area for the weekend. I believe the Stump is going to terrorize Cinncinnati (in post-Halloween fashion), and Mr. Feedwater will be secluded in his woodlands hideaway.

Gsaltys will be safe from Stumpy's crude attempts at humor this time. :D :D :D :D

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Yee Haw it's Halloween my favorite holiday!

Costume contest tonight and you can come as anybody or anything except Lloyd Bridges or anyone on Seahunt, Mr. Feedwater has that tied down. Vic and Tyson, yer ol' ladies (and I do mean old) asked for reservations but I didn't tell them about no costumes, its our secret ok.

I got a big washtub on the stage and we's bobbin' fer apples in it. You will note that there's no water in it to float them apples, just beer!

I got some scary movies playing on the 21" big screen color TV. Got some silly ones too:

"My what a nice pair of knockers you've got there!"

"Why thank you, I'm glad you like them."

"Hump, what hump?"

Menu tonight is Spaghetti and meatballs, corn on the cob and apple cobbler for dessert.

Enjoy!!!

OH!!! Almost forgot, the prize for the winner of the costume contest gets free beer for a week.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Sounds good and fun. But as I'm here with the dudes delivering the goods...
I won't be able to join ya's. Sitting at my sister's house.
Her and her hubby are off on a cruise (1st Annvi.).
So I'm a watch'n for Trickers. Got my Squirty Gun and Firecrackers ready.;) :D
Got their dog a listen'n too.

Wish ya'll a good an' safe'n!

Rusty Stumps

I thought I'd come on down just for the show. I mean. Feedwater's entrance has got to be some kind of sight to make sore eyes!:D

Think of it! Feedwater wears a live skunk on his head, dresses in a wet suite with flippers. Now if that isn't a sight I don't know what would be except maybe that tub stuck on his rear end!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Feedwater has made comments as to my having a Toupe! No sir re' I don't. I've got a full head of hair and it's my own in their own orginal roots not relocated like Feedwaters. I won't say where he had his relocated from, but if he had left it there the tub probably wouldn't be stuck!:D :D :D

HopefulAlan

Oct 25, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
Well hi, y'all, it's good to get in out of the cold!

Mr. Corraler, I'd be might proud to try out a plate o' that spaghetti and maybe a glass of that "special" cider. What little heart I got needs a bit o' warming, you know?

Say, them's some mighty neat costumes you folks is wearing!

What's that? Mine is the scariest one of all so far?

But I ain't wearin' no costume or makeup. I just got spruced up for a night out - these are my Sunday go to meetin' clothes, and I lathered on a extra coat o' that there pomade to make my hair look nice.

But if there's free beer in it for me, then I'll let y'all pretend this is my Halloween costume!

On th' other hand, I ain't got a chance against that guy in the beached walrus costume who appears to be trying to balance a skunk on his nose.

Now, excuse me whilst I dig into them there s'getts!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Howdy all,

My costume is that of a tried broke father who has been dragged all over the neighborhood by a seven year old and a four year old trick or treating. Where's the beer?

I'll just sit here in the corner. If you hear a thud its probably my head hitting the table. Just give me another beer and I'll be fine.

Awwww, now, Stumpy... there you go to peekin' again. I don't know why you keep at that behavior when you know my wife's gonna yelll at you for it. Yore peepin' Tom activities is about to cause her to cover the windows with market sacks.

But that's ok, go ahead, feed your sordid little imagination with your fantasy visions of me. That's ok, I don't mind (as long as you keep your distance this time and don't try to touch again!:eek: ) But we all know the truth about you. After all, you're the one who made a public spectacle of hisself dressin' up like you did and waltzin' in the Blue Note:

Quoted from Cowcatcher
Trying to put on a little something extra for Thursday but please wear tasteful costumes this year. Mr. Stumps I don't want you showing up as a Tampax again ok!

I 'spect that 'bout sums it all up.
:rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D