halinsky f-14a tomcat

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by The Hermit, May 26, 2008.

1. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

radar assembly is finally completed

Attached Files:

2. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Jeez! That borders on insane.

BTW, take a look at some references and you will see that the inside of the radome is sort of a cream color. With all that detail, you might as well take care of the easy stuff.

Looking good so far.
  3. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

i really appriciate that,

i am interested in painting but this model has so much detail and is printed so well, that i will not start that on this model. however i did get a spray gun just for that, and i will be attempting it on a tank i bought from Paper Model Store later on...

thanks for the nice comments... and the crazy detail makes it all the more fun. i find it enjoyable when the model pushes my limits.
  4. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

WELL i managed to cram the pilot ladder bay into place and that was after i assembled it backwards :cry: having said that its a pretty miraculous save
    since i decided it would be easier to assemble it with superglue :twisted:
    so it had to be cut apart and reassembled
    and i am very suprised to see that it ended up so well from being so mangled, oh did i mention i cut it in half too? wall1 yeah i did

heh at least the pilot steps were build correctly and as a whole looks pretty good...

note to self start scanning all models from now on in case doofus builds part inside out.... sign1

here are the photos

Attached Files:

5. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

im having to go much slower withthe cockpit since there is only a single view in the illustrations and really makes you think about how it goes together. thank fully there are other builds to try to grasp it

halinski makes great models but very very brief assembly instructions

that could be the only negative about the kits

thankfully i have not assembled any more parts inside out

Attached Files:

6. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

looking excellent:thumb: i know what you mean halsinki kits dont have great illustrations but they publish great kits tho :thumb:
  7. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

great kit and great work

Well DOne

John John
  8. lriera

lriera Member

Sharp cuts and clean unions. Very good build. I like your build very much.

9. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I think that the newer kits with the computer drawn assembly instructions are awesome, but I have a couple of the hand-drawn ones and I'd agree that they lack in the illustration department.

Plane is looking great!