Halinski F-16C

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Nothing, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ive decided to embarres myself again and show my progress on this F-16.
    The internal formers went together for me with no problems.

ta183f16 001.jpg
    ta183f16 002.jpg

I left the gear bays and cockpit empty because im not going to go to the trouble if this turns to crap. I started skininning. this is a lot harder than one would think. and im having trouble with the intake skins.

ta183f16 005.jpg
    ta183f16 006.jpg
    ta183f16 007.jpg

its not real pretty but it is an improvement over my first attempt.
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Looks great to me! I know I am my worst critic - prolly the same for everyone!
  3. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

Looks excellent! Fantastic fit.

I hope the same thing happens for your F-22, your next project^^

P.S. Did you know...? J-10 of China's PLAAF happens to be very similar with F-16 and Lavi, one of the cancelled Israeli fighter project. Hmmm...
  4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

She looks good so far. Out of curiousity which date / version of this kit are you building? I've got the 1994 version on my stack.
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

this is the 94 version. it was the only one i found. the only thing so far i dont like is the glossy paper they used.

yes. the lavi was a direct developement off the F-16 platform. i believe israel was trying to develope an indiginous fighter so as not to be reliant on other countries. thats why they developed the merkava.
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

F-16 -> Lavi -> J-10......... I believe.

Nice build so far, may I ask what is the thickness of the formers?
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the formers are 1mm.
  8. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that glossy paper either. When I go to build it I think I'll scan and print it - I think it'll be nicer that way.
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Yea, I think real most aircraft surface are pretty "matt" with their paints.
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i thought about scanning it, but my scanner is not big enough for the pages. and my scanner repositions a partial scan so all the parts would off.
  11. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I've been meaning to take a kit into Kinko's and see what they can do about either doing copies onto cardstock or even scanning into a digital image format that I could bring home and manipulate into printable pages. I really am hoping they'll do it - I think I'll leave the covers at home so I just have pages to copy and I don't think they'll think twice about copyright or anything.
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

been tryin to resolve the intake. its giving me a bugger of a time though.

ta183 001.jpg