Halinski 6/2006 Uss Heermann

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Marko, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Marko

Marko New Member

Hi my fellow shipmates,

I'm still kind a new here, so i'd like to start my first assembly report in this forum. It is a model of wwII destroyer, despite it is small ship, it's quite complex designed for building. relaivelly huge amount of parts (specially those micro-ones:mrgreen:)

I've used for the first time the Laser-cut ribs, and must say im impressed (strongly recommend use of them, they spare you red hurting fingers, well by so small boat, probably we wouldnt even notice it:mrgreen:)

so lets go for it, please, your comments are welcome, you may advise how to improve it...help me to collect more experiences:thumb:

and the next interesting one, the shafts exits are probably in this way because of the boilers, which are because of the lower width of the hull so shifted:

note: i've tried to upload the pictures, but it didn't work, so i used the imageshack...

2. Teamski

Teamski Member

Looking really good!
    Looking forward to the rest of the ship.....

3. Clashster

Clashster Member

More ships! Yeah! Nice start... I have a couple of Halinski ships... the parts count is intimidating! Good luck with the build!

4. barry

barry Active Member

Hi Mate

Good looking hull, like you say odd looking prop layout
  5. Marko

Marko New Member

hi guys,

first of all, of course there are some new pics,
    -finished the drive shafts & props
    -attached the starboard,port, rear stabilizers and a rudder
    -the stand was custom made (still needs to be painted)
    (halinski is known that they never construct a stand for the model) if there is any interest, i could make a sketch & describe procedure.

@chris: well, the halinskis models are designed in that way, the new ones are quite advanced. recommend to start them only if you really mean it:mrgreen:
    (but when finished, they are really eyecatching 'material')

@barry: sure it is mate, firstly i thought it was a printing mistake, or in design, but afterall its logic explain is because of boilers, which arent stationed paralell