Half-Life 2 Dog

Discussion in 'Gaming & Toys' started by Dented Rick, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

I've decided to tackle the Dog from Half Life 2. I love Mecha, and have been doing easy builds for awhile, so time for a challenge. :) Pics to come as I progress :)

2. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

3. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Dude... awesome. I love HL/HL2/ect, ect...

Gonna be watching this one.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, that is an awesome Mecha!!
  5. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

holy, ive been avoiding this thread coz i though it was a dog from a game (random) but this is a freakin mech! holy s@!t
  6. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

I don't build animals. could never get the shapes right. Did Tiger once..lol, but that didn't go to well. He Bounced ;)
  7. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

For anyone who wants to build this, I suggest creativity. The parts fit nicely, but its taking some patience :)

Dog 005.jpg Dog 006.jpg Dog 007.jpg Dog 008.jpg Dog 009.jpg Dog 010.jpg
  8. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Parts fit is almost perfect, but practical attaching is difficult to say the least. again, Patience. :)

Dog 011.jpg Dog 012.jpg Dog 013.jpg Dog 014.jpg Dog 015.jpg Dog 016.jpg
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That thin really has a "it may be post apocalyptic, but I'm a scientist and know how to make things to mess you up" look to it! Coming along nicely.
  10. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

It died a horrible death, courtesy of my son who thought it was an asteroid. :eek:

For the time beign, i've moved on, but will return to this one in the near future.

this is the second time my Son has "claimed" one of my models....lol
  11. Activate

Activate New Member

Any progress? About to tackle this one, looks very daunting though.
  12. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

This one has been on the back burner for awhile. not abandoned, just shelved temporarily. Maybe after the Exteel, Ill come back to this one. :)
  13. Activate

Activate New Member

Here's my current progress. Finished the body, just working on the legs at the moment.

Excuse the excessive white. It's a bit of a rushed job. Got calculus mid terms next week :cry:

14. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Looking great so far. Almost makes me want to get back to this one :D
  15. rowsdower

rowsdower New Member

This looks great. d0g didn't wasn't much for words, but he was definitely one of my favorite characters in HL2. If you feel up to it, the HEV suit might be a fun sequel to this project.
  16. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

I really want to get back to this one before attempting any other in this universe. :)