half a trestle

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Just thought I'd put a couple of pics of my first large trestle I'm scratchin'.
It was supposed to be a part of a small diarama scene for a photo shot so I only made half of it. But decided what the heck, a whole trestle is better than a half of one And can always find a place for it on my future layout. Thats the other half in the lower left corner.
It will measure 30 inches long and roughly
80 HO scale ft. high. on the stone pier's. still got to add the nuts & bolts (Grandt Line) and some bracing
The lumber is poplar wood and was cut on my table saw.

It is stained with diluted Floquil grimy black and lacquer based walnut and mohagany pigment.

Attachments

• trestle1.jpg
    trestle1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 169
C

Catt

Lookin' good T. My trestle will be conciderably lower than yours cause thats the way Michigan trestles are,but I still think it will be kewl :D

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Woohoo t.

You just can't beat the aesthetics of a trestle bridge and you got a beauty there sir. I just love that creosote look. Them 4-4-0 Americans sure look sweet on such structures.

Once you have a jig made, a trestle of any hight (up to the max of your jig) can be made.

Errol

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Thanks for the compliment's guys.
The one "hucklebuck" so far is I stained it dark to reseble treated lumber but don't know if in the 1890's it was the norm. If not then my story is it just aged that way. :D

t.