Had a visitor

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by shamus, Dec 18, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Hi Paul,

I saw the "original" photos at Trainboard this morning. I think the thread was entitled "Wow!".

I'll second that! In the time you have put several (to be honest I have lost count) layouts together in different scales, I have not even come close to finishing my original 4x8.

Great work, and thanks for the opportunity to see the new layout.

3. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

I saw the thread on Trainboard this morning but couldn't see the photos, just the dreaded red x. Same thing when I clicked the link from here.
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Great Work, as usual! :) :)
  5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Good to see you are as handsom as ever, good friend, and the layout is looking fantastic! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :) :D ;) :p :cool: :wave: :cool: :p ;) :D :) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  6. interurban

interurban Active Member

WOW is right!!!!!:thumb:
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

The photos are great Paul but I am particularly pleased theat Alan got a photo of you at the controls.
  8. ddavidv

ddavidv Member

Thanks for the link, I missed it over there. :sleeping:
    Quite impressive! I've always believed it is actually more difficult to model accurately in a larger scale than a small one. Harder to hide what isn't "right".
  9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks Guys, we had a lot of fun that day, it was a pleasure to have him over.
  10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Those are gorgeous pics of a gorgeous layout - and the guy at the controls is not bad looking either!!

I loved seeing the detail shots of the locos, and the scene with the 2 guys sawing was great!

:thumb: Val
  11. Hi Paul - I'm continuously amazed at how much you can accomplish on your layout while mine seems to be just plodding along. :eek: Do you work on it 24x7? Got any tips for us slow-workers on how to be more productive in the layout room (other than getting away from the forums?;) ) Seriously, you manage to get so much done on your layout is what seems like a small amount of time, it's incredible.
  12. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

that is why WE are the learners, and HE is the master. :D :D
  13. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I think I said this to you on one of the other forums, but it bears repeating...
    While I was always in awe of your HO modeling, I think you've really surpassed yourself with the switch to the larger scale...The narrow gauge, with all the little critters, crummies, & such, really serves as a perfect compliment to your backwoods logging theme...
    Everything comes together to make for a complete Masterpiece!
    :cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:
  14. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks a lot my good friends.

Eddie, I tend to start my day/evening in the railroad room with a conscious thought on what I want to achieve. Sometimes it might just be to make a few more trees, or finish a small part of the railroad to some degree. I always tend to have a goal in mind before walking into the room. That way, the railroad tends to grow bit by bit.

15. TinGoat

TinGoat Ignorant know it all

Proof at last!!!!

At last, we get proof that these are models, and not prototype pictures that Paul has been foisting off on us....

Great work!