H.O Sunday Photo Fun 6-20-04

sprink

Jun 8, 2004
Detroit Michigan
Hiya guys and gals! I hope everyone has had a good week. I've been doing some preliminary work on Saulena's Tavern. I've also been doing some work on my machine shop. I purchased some balsa wood from my LHS and made the first floor. I've gotta buy some more for the second floor. The first floor was sanded and sealed today. I also have to figure out the placement of the wood beams and wood pillars for the first floor. Lighting will also have to be considered before any of the machines are placed. I'm really looking forward to assembling and detailing the machine shop. I will post some pics as soon as I dump them from my camera to Railimages. Probably later this evening (Saturday).
As always, all pics and contibutions are appreciated. Thanks again to the Guage for allowing me to host SPF here.
There's coffee,tea,soda and water on the kitchen counter. Breakfast Burritos, donuts and bagels are on the table. ENJOY!!!!!!

jubylives

Jun 4, 2004
Central Iowa
www.railimages.com
I've been rather busy this last week at work and had alot of things to do around the house. I did manage to get some decals on the tender of a Big Boy. Hopefully it don't look like the cheap model that it is.:D

abj.jpg

abk.jpg

abl.jpg

Jeremy

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
In the process of reassembling the Hudson after teardown and lube. Prepping for weathering as I set down to a quiet evening watching a movie.

Attachments

• hudson2.JPG
    hudson2.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 371

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Sprink,
I'm looking forward to seeing the buildings come together. The machine shop looks like it'll be impresive.

Jeremy,
The Big boy doesn't look like a cheap model in the pictures to me, but if you are concerned about it's looks maybe a spray of dullcote would help?

Shay,
The Hudson under repair is a cool pic, and very imaginative

Here's my contribution,
The townsite of blackwater, population:? We're got a REA, an RCMP post, a Hardware store, a grocery and mercantile and most important, Mr. Zang just opened his fine establishment (its a good thing the mounties are only a few doors down!)
aao.sized.jpg

we're considering raising taxes to pay for new sidewalks.

sprink

Jun 8, 2004
Detroit Michigan
Tyson,

Very nice pic. All photos are welcome. The title of this thread is more tradition than anything. It starts on Saturday night and it quite often showcases pics from many different scales. There's even some prototype pics once in a while. If I started over again I would be real tempted to model the L&N. There's something about that Gray and Yellow.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Glen Haasdyk said:
Shay,
The Hudson under repair is a cool pic, and very imaginative

Thanks, Glen. I just hurried it together when I remembered it was Photo Fun Nite. I didn't want to find out that "wated" is some Michigan thing Sprink made you drink if you forgot to post a photo. :eek:

Jon Grant

Jun 6, 2004
Sunderland UK
www.railimages.com
Great looking stuff guys!

I thought this might be useful.

This week I don't have any modeling to show but I did convert an AXT PC power supply to a nifty MRR power supply using a link that Bill Nanney sent and a donated PS:

109_0996.JPG

Here's the PS before any "conversion".

109_0997.JPG

Here is is after I cut all the wires out [:p] except the ones I needed. It's ready to put back together now. I took the board out to get access to the wires that needed cutting off at the board and to put the load resistor inside the case.

109_0998.JPG

Here's the finished product with an On/Of switch, a 3.3 VDC terminal, a 5VDC terminal and a 12VDC terminal, each with a ground for convenience. The PS was not exactly like the one in the link and I had to move the on/off switch to clear a board.

Note the load resistor tied to the grill with wire ties. I use the heat-sink compound as recommended and it stays cool.

Now I need to label the terminals so I won't fry anything.[nono]

I plan to run feeders to terminal strips around the layout wherever I need a particular voltage (12v for Tortoise, 3.3v for LEDs, 5v for occupancy detectors, etc.)

I didn't have to redo too many things during the project and I think that it came out nice.[^]

Here's the link.

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/powersupply.htm

I never would have thought of this nice conversion myself. Thanks Bill!

CN1

May 6, 2003
but wouldn't the 'Sunday Fun' be better transported to the Photography group?

Hmmmmm! I think not :p Since this was started by an HO fellow :thumb: . That doesn't stop anyone to come here but it's origin is an HO thread. ;) You could post a link if you want :D

BTW Very good work everyone. Can't wait for next Sunday :thumb: :thumb:

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
CN1 said:
Hmmmmm! I think not :p Since this was started by an HO fellow :thumb: . That doesn't stop anyone to come here but it's origin is an HO thread. ;) You could post a link if you want :D

BTW Very good work everyone. Can't wait for next Sunday :thumb: :thumb:

There's nothing that says you have to TELL anyone what scale it is! ;) :D

CN1

May 6, 2003
Yes, but what's the point of having an "HO Scale Forum" if all pictures or images posted relating to trains, real or model, have to be in the "Photography Forum" :rolleyes: :confused:

Might as well get rid of the HO and N scale forum altogether and post all our pics on the "Photography, Scenery, Books, Video forum" :rolleyes:

You want to ask/discuss construction technics for your HO/N scale kits? Ask "Scratchin' & Bashin' forum".

You need info on HO/N scale benchwork, layout height, tracks, curve radii, wiring and lighting? Ask "Technical Q & A forum"

You want to talk about the latest HO scale BLI loco or the N scale Rocco Steamer you just purchased? Go tot the "General Talk forum"

Question about Power-packs and wiring your layout for DCC? Or converting your older Athearn to Digitrax DCC? Go to "DCC Forum "

I think the HO scale "HO Sunday Photo Fun" belongs in the HO forum and nowhere else. Anyone can view it here. Same goes for prototype pics. Unless we want to abandon :cry: our "HO scale Fraternity" :D