H.M.S. Repulse

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by tthomas, Nov 18, 2007.

1. tthomas

tthomas New Member

I am kind of new to card modeling.Can anyone tell me when you are covering the hull, do you start at the top in the middle or do you start at the bottom?. thanks any help would be welcomed
  2. dansls1

dansls1 Member

This may show how much I know about ship models - but it may help to post what kit (from which designer publisher) you are working on...
  3. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I have only built a few ship models, subs included, but I always build mine the way the ship builders did, from the keel up. That includes the plates, too. Since we are building models, we have the luxury of inverting our models to ensure the frame stays square as we add the plates.

Just my take on the subject...hope it helps in your project
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Padre is building the ship right now http://forum.zealot.com/t152387/
    He probaly is the best person to answer that - I cannot advise you since I know almost nothing about ships....
  5. Padre

Padre Guest

According to the instructions and best practices you should start from the bow and stern. The stern is the most difficult to match and errors there are hard to fix, the bow is easier but a good fit there looks good. If there are any gaps they are easier to fix in the middle. When you get to the middle you can also cut a larger piece to fit and color the extra.