Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Getter1, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kjev

Kjev Member

Ah FASA, creators of Battletech, too. I sorely miss them. Even if EACH AND EVERY FRICKIN' NOVEL had at least one typo.
  2. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I wouldn't know about the typos but I loved the original battletech game.... too bad I cannot find some vict... um... people who would be willing to play the game... I got a whole new master rule book and no one to play, another FASA game I wish I could find whas the Doctor Who role playing game.... Doctor Who has always been one of my favorite Sci Fi programs ever!!! :mrgreen:
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Hey, the copy of TLS game I'm going to bid on on eBay also has a copy of Battletech, first edition, so you may have an opponent here . . . :twisted:
  4. That is a fantastic looking model!

I haven`t read through all the 11 pages, so forgive me if this was alread asked: Will this be available to the public once you`re done?
  5. davitch

davitch Member

That is the idea, TC is working the instructions as we speak!
  6. Cool... bounce7
  7. Averjoe

Averjoe New Member

Just wanted to say thank you TC for doing such a wonderful model.

Also a quick question, how many sheets will the small model be?
  8. Kjev

Kjev Member

I managed to dry out my Master Rules Compendium (which had gotten soaked in storage), and I still have a regiment's worth of minis. Most are plastic, and most of my conventional troops are micro-machines.

I'd be willing to play if anyone around here did.
  9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I'm not too far away in Spokane, WA. I haven't played BT in some time but I'm willing to start again :D

10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

This thread needs to get back on course but I would like to have a good game thread to continue this train of thought. Where should we start anew?

11. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Hiya Averjoe! The little GS is 12 pages without instructions. The instructions may be another 3 or 4, then the cover page that doesn't need to be printed. Grab a calculator! :D

Getter, since this is originally your thread that I hijacked (sign1) it's not up to me... :mrgreen: I wouldn't have googled out threads regarding RPG's etc, so I find the discussion interesting and enlightening. If you do start a different thread, just let me know where so I can go read it! :)

Sorry everyone, but the last few days have been hectic with 18-22 hour work days, so I haven't even glanced at the development or instructions... Things will be back to normal on Sunday evening, then I can throw some effort into both Gunstars.
  12. Does that mean there will be TWO models coming, a large one and a smaller one?
  13. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey TC,

I don't consider this or really any thread "my" thread. Besides my project died and your's a anew so it's now "your" thread :p but perhaps in reality everyone involved's thread ;)

I suppose we could start a game disscussion over in gameing accessories? What do you guys think?

Oh Steve0,

I have another game I think is far more suited for Macross and Robotech. If you're intrested let me know. I would like to pick some brains for minature / stand up counter type pieces for the Robotech game I'm cookin up in the noggin :D

14. Millenniumfalsehood

If we do start a thread on gaming (which I'm game for, no pun intended), where would it be?

Hey guys, here's some nostalgia-fuel for those building the Gunstar:

Go ahead; I dare you to quit listening to that before the fifth time. :twisted: Good film scores are like Lays potato chips: betcha can't listen to it once.
  15. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello All,

Mo Pix of the small GS. Only 3 more engines to go :D

I'll be starting a thread for games in the gaming section later on.

Attached Files:

16. Millenniumfalsehood

Had a brilliant idea. The Gunstar is silvery-gray in the movie, so I thought printing off a second one when I'm done with the beta-model onto silver paper would look great. I'll probably try that out on the little version before I tackle the BIG Gunstar.

Hey Thunderchild, could you also do a version with no fold lines?
  17. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

18. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello All,

Got to grinding on the Big GS today. I will have to re-do the nose section as I had printed my build at a slightly smaller size and forgot that when I printed this round of parts. Oh well give me the opp to test the new nose section for TC ;)

Here we have the main body rear. Got it next to the small GS for a comparison.

You guys were asking TC for BIG and boy did he deliver :D I'm almost afraid of this thing already :p

Attached Files:

19. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

WOW! That thing is big as compared to the other one! Keep Goin' Getter.:mrgreen:
  20. Millenniumfalsehood

Oh yeah, it's big . . . just the size I was dreaming of! :thumb:

Hey TC, I'm almost done with the Gunstar's second round, so I'm about ready for the next part. I'll post a pic when I'm done (I finally remembered that the remote control had batteries. Yeah, I'm a doofus hamr )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.