Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Getter1, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Lookin good Getter!:thumb: I can't wait to see your finished pics!
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Thanks for the complements guys! I must say, this has been one of the most difficult models for me to build. There are some unorthodox shapes that made me twitch a bit, but If I managed to build it, everyone can!

No worries MF, I think the kinks have been worked out of the first set of parts. Tonight I can finally get started on the next set for you all. :)

Getter1, that build looks great! Death-blossom doors don't look as wonky as mine! :D
    How did the big fin at the back of the wing fit? I had a little placement difficulty there on my model, but that could easily be "builder-error"...

I really need to thank the test builders once more... Getter1, Janx, Vortex and MF, all your inputs have been way beyond valuable and has definitely improved the quality and buildability of the final product already!

A few tweaks, then the instructions, and the little (at 28cm Not so little) Gunstar will be ready for all.
  3. Janx

Janx Member

Ooo it's worth it, prob is I am now itching to build the baby one too, bad Tc bad..
  4. davitch

davitch Member

Of course you realize what this means....

"We can rebuild the Starfighter Legion!!!"
  5. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

are you going to find the pilots??sign1
  6. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Thanks, Thunderchild. :oops: I can't wait to build it for real. The beta was a bit hard to assemble around the nose.
  7. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

As an aside, my wife shares membership in a theater company with the star of the Last Starfighter, Lance Guest. I've partied and shared some of his home made wine of a few occasions. Quite an interesting fellow.
  8. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

As another aside, did anybody play the dice and cardboard marker space combat "board" game for this movie, with the little combat wheel target thingy? I loved this movie back when it first came out so much, I nearly flipped when I saw the game in a bargain bin, bought it instantly and played it many times, blasting Ko-Dan deck fighters, and making all the required 'splosion noises previously described. I probably still have it squirreled away somewhere.

This is the game I'm talking about:
  9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Don't have that game but I do have this one (TC< Janx this game's manual is where I got those 3 views I sent you both).

Attached Files:

10. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I kinda remember that game... but that does bring a small question to mind... is there a Ko-dan fighter in the wings by any chance???
  11. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Man Getter, you pop out with some stuff I haven't seen in YEARS!:eek: I'm tellin' ya' you could open a museum for sci-fi/anime!
  12. davitch

davitch Member

I would love to get a copy of that game, just for the nostalgia.
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

So there was an actual board game of The Last Starfighter!?!

To quote another movie character:

I so need to look for that on! I love FASA's old board games! :mrgreen:

And I agree with Vortex: someone needs to design a Ko'dann fighter so I can occupy my other hand when I'm playing with my Gunstar. Oh wait a minute, I mean, uh . . . testing the atmospheric dogfighting capabilities of Gunstar 1. sign1
  14. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Guys,

Yeah I got a lot of old stuff round here :p How many of you remember Dark Tower? ;)

The game manual has 3 views of the Gunstar, Deck Fighter, and the Swarm Fighters to :D

I sent TC and Janx the 3 views to see if either would hit it up but haven't heard either way from them :p

By the way I have yet to play this game as finding players is always the hard part :( The pieces haven't even been punched out yet :p

For the model I have completed the left wing but before I attach em to the body I decied to re-skin some areas I didn't like how they looked as the lower port side of the main body was damaged a bit :( Almost done with that so I'll have more pics in a bit (eating dinner ATM).

15. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Alright got the re-skin done and the wings are now attached. Now on to the dreaded black parts on the body :p They shouldn't be too bad :p Then the engines. Man i'm only bout 3/5 the way done :p

Oh TC the back wedge part wen together no probs.

Attached Files:

16. Millenniumfalsehood

Hey Getter, if I get the game, would you fancy an internet battle, perhaps at a chat room or over AIM or something? I've got one bookmarked on eBay which looks good so far. :mrgreen:

I had a copy of Dark Tower, btw. Lost it in a move. :(
  17. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

You're on ;) Good luck on the E-Bay auction.

Ooooooooooo lost DT......gasp!!! That had to hurt :(..... IMO THE Best board game of all time. I bet if MB ever re-released it they would make a ton o money.

Hey by your aviatr I imagine you're a Star Wars fan (who isn't huh). Have you ever heard of Star Warriors? It's a SW Fighter combat game. If so I got a copy of that to.

Well it's bed time :p

18. wulf111

wulf111 Member

the GS is looking great so far G1.

i used to play dakr Tower all the time when i was a kid i loved that game LOL great memories there and i agree MB should release it again. i would definitely buy it.
  19. Millenniumfalsehood

No I haven't heard of Star Warriors, but I do play the old D6 RPG. I love the game mechanics: complex enough to be semi-realistic, but simple enough to learn in an afternoon. Same way with the old FASA STSSTCS. GREAT game, that one!

Yeah, I'm an incurable Star Wars nut. If you asked me, I could tell you the height, length, width, weight, armament, crew, shield strength, armor strength, repulsor range, fuel capacity, cargo capacity, ground crew requirements, repair downtime, carrier volume, and even the comfort level of the ejection seat of the T-65 X-wing space superiority fighter. Of course, you'd have to tell me the model number: Nil, A, B, C, or D.

Yeah, I'm an incurable Star Wars nut. :p But I don't suffer from insanity.

I enjoy every minute of it. :twisted:

Unfortunately I don't remember much about Dark Tower. I was about six or so when I (clumsily) tried to play it with my dad. He was pretty sad about losing it as well. Oh, well.

I sorely wish they would re-release Dark Tower. The prices it commands on eBay are, frankly, ridiculous.
  20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

omfg ... i used to play Star Warriors all the time. The funny thing is ... when we first played it, we had no idea how to actually 'kill' the enemy because positioning in the game was vital. I still have my copy, my box was destroyed from use but I have everything else.

I made rules for a Robotech:Macross mod that I typed up, I can't remember where they are at the moment but if I find them I will scan them and post them up.

As for the Gunstar... it totally looks like the one from the movies. What with the movie's clean CG shots compared to the realistic and weathered CG that befits reality in today's films.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.