Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Getter1, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Big is good... I like bigsign1
    As far as wedge shapes go... if you do keep it, why don't you make it a separate item to make and then glue it to the cockpit unit?
  2. Janx

Janx Member

Agreed the wedge itself gives rigidity that the big model needs, as a separate part with a butt join this would be even better giving rigidity in depth too.
  3. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

For the wedge. On the large one making it a seperate piece would make it easier to fold and I agree it would increase strength. On the smaller one however leave it as is. The top of the wedge is very convient as a pull tab while lining up the gunner cokpit deck ;)

4. Janx

Janx Member

Got the nose finished.

The rear wedge went on ok as a separate part. Whole Nose looks good and gives a real idea of how big this bird will be.

Only problem I had was joining the large parts, but this is not down to the model just me. Any one know a good way to ensure the parts marry up ok?

Attached Files:

5. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Sometimes due to the card thickness parts that are suppose to butt up and in the case for the pilot's area of the body on the GS they can end up a tad wider than intended to be.

Try to make to folds slighty inside the line to minimizethat on part in a cluster. Also when joining those parts I use a generous amount of glue. This soggs the card a bit making the edges a bit soft. When the glue starts to set I take a small dowel and roll the seam as smooth as I can. Be careful not to distort the parts by rolling gently several times.

Good looking build there BTW ;)

6. Kjev

Kjev Member

Be Still My Beating Heart!!!
  7. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Holy Smoke! I knew it was big, but seeing that keyboard in the background just freaked me out!

Hmmm.... On second thought, a remark like that coming from me could maybe freak the rest of you out... sign1
  8. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

Wow! Thats gonna be big!:thumb:
  9. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

It's big, but it is cool, I have been builing models since I was 7 years old so this is fun....
    After talking to TC... I'll post my pics, please be nice in your critique :mrgreen:, rounded parts tend to be a bugger for me. :oops:

the first closeup of the cockpit was my first attempt to build it I decided to reprint it and do it again.
    (the next pic with it on the main body is the second one, which did come out a little better.)

Attached Files:

10. ThunderChild

Very cool man!

Janx, G1, I'll revisit the model and see about incorporating some leeway for the parts. I noticed the same thing on the little GS build, and wanted to kick myself for forgetting to do this, cuz I did it on my previous releases... my bad. wall1
  11. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Bad TC, Bad TC!!!sign1
  12. ThunderChild

Oh hush. sign1 :p

Here's a little pic of the engine...

Attached Files:

13. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

14. ThunderChild

So an hour or so ago, you would have caught me running around my home making weird noises like:

Punctuated with:

and -thrown in for good measure- the occasional:

Here's what I was playing with....

Attached Files:

15. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Fantastic. Beautiful model. Where can I get one?
  16. bf109

bf109 Member

amazing ! speech less.............................................................................
  17. SJPONeill

SJPONeill Guest

I have yet to graduate from dakka-dakka-dakka to the more advanced noises but it is comforable to know I am not the only one who test flies as well as builds...

Tres way cool model!!!

18. Kjev

Kjev Member

Nice monitors!

And they make a fine backdrop to the model, too. Now I need to watch the movie to figure out something along the lines of scale. Either way, I want to build this (and make all the appropriate noises!)
  19. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Incredible, Thunderchild! I'm sorry I haven't posted pics yet. I have been working on the parts you sent me, but my camera's batteries died and I haven't gotten replacements yet. :oops:
  20. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello All,

Here's what I got done so far on the small GS. Sorry TC I tried to get the wings done tonight but I had a lay down after work and didn't have nuff time :p

Great build of the Small GS TC. Vortex good lookin build also ;)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.