Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Getter1, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Oooooh Man! This is great! It looks like the model is becoming a reality! Thanks for you hard work!

Best Regards,
  2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Brings a tear to the eye :D That's awesome TC!!!

Have you thought bout using white construction paper for smaller models? That's what I use for 1/72 WW1 planes and it works great ;)

3. Kjev

Kjev Member

Wow! And he doesn't think he's skilled. Such humility!

Just awesome work man.
  4. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

You should see the close-ups! sign1

Thanks for the kind words guys!
    Watch this space...
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Oh I'm watching, I'm watching! And I'm liking, I'm liking! Keep it up, it looks like it'll be worth the time and effort put into it.

Aren't we lucky that we have such a plethora of incredibly detailed models available to us for free, with no other payment to the designer than the lavishing of praise and the people to care enough to build them? Should make any plastic modeler jealous. :mrgreen:
  6. ThunderChild

Thought I'd build a few bits & Pieces before posting the next update, ended up finishing most of the parts!!!

Here are the parts unassembled...

Attached Files:

7. ThunderChild

... And here they are put together!

I'm satisfied with how they fit, so I think I'll go ahead and finish the left-side parts. Just too eager to see this craft finished! sign1

Attached Files:

8. ThunderChild

All that's left are the corner weapon tubes and the engines! Whoohoo!
    ... oh, wait...
    Then I'll only be a little over halfway... :(
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

will you release a version without lines?
  10. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

I was looking at the make-up of the canopy and wondered if a cockpit interior might be feasible. I have a tendency to make cockpits on models that do not have them. The Last Starfighter is still one of my favorite movies. Thankfully I Transfered it from Beta to VHS to DVD, along with Enemy Mine. Keep up the great job TC, and thanks to Getter for bringing this ship to the for.
  11. ThunderChild

@ nothing:

I guess it won't be too difficult to remove the lines... :thumb:
    Once I'm done with both sizes, I'll get right on that.

@ silveroxide:

That's more than feasible! I toyed with the idea but decided not to give real life the chance to stall this development like it did my others... If you want to tackle the cockpit, PM me with what you need and I'll help all I can! :mrgreen:

This model turns out at a little over 1/72. I have no idea what the big one is, but it'll be a monster!!! And at 52 pages and counting, I can't afford the time/card/glue to build that one as well, Soooo....

I'm asking for a beta build volunteer on the BIG Gunstar. By PM please.
    But before everyone just shouts me-me-me, Here's some warnings:
    1 - It's BIG! Lots of card etc. will be required!!!
    2 - I'll be sending the test builder(s) only a few parts at a time. In order to get the next part or two, you need to send build pics, preferably in this thread, but if you're bashful then to me in private. Along with comments and suggestions where necessary...

That's it for the time being... I'll just go back to my own builds for now. have fun guys!:mrgreen:
  12. davitch

davitch Member

Now we need a fleet of Ko-dann fighters! Anyone want to tackle that one?
  13. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Beautiful job. Thanks so much for this cool thread. Can't wait to get my mitts on this one too.
  14. davitch

davitch Member

I just watched the movie again last night, and now I want to light the model! Argh...the anticipation for this model is driving me insane! I looked up the resin kit and although it looks great, I just can't part with that kind of dough. Hopefully you are through with this soon! Thanks for all your hard work!
  15. ThunderChild

Nearly done with the first engine. Going away this weekend so I won't be able to post. hopefully an update next week...
  16. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

This is some amazing work, I always thought the Gunstar was a cool design, this just proves it! :mrgreen:
  17. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello All,

TC has allowed me to be a test builder so I think I'll show you all what is in the works ;)

The 1st section is the nose. There are quite a few details made by applying raised panels on the nose body section instead of having them just printed on. I like how they turned out. Also the break down of the sub assemblies made for quite a strong structure.

It's big, very big. I actually printed a bit smaller than the pages would normally be and the nose is 7 1/2" long. There is definently room for a highly detailed cockpit if someone out there develops one :D

TC, Thanks a million for doing this :D

Well that's all I was sent for now :p I can't wait for the next installment :D

Hope there are others building this along with me?

Attached Files:

18. Kjev

Kjev Member

Way frickin cool! I will definitely want a copy of this. Getter, your work looks great! TC, it's becoming obvious you've put a lot of good work into this design. Thank You!:thumb:
  19. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I second Kjev on that statement.... and I too want a copy of this, it just too cool not to have in my spaceship collecton.
  20. ThunderChild

Hi guys!
    Thanks for the good words! Getter's build style does this model way more justice! I just can't get the guts together to build the large one! :D
    So far only G1 volunteered to test-build the large model and he's given me valuable input already.
    I'll add some pics of the little one next time, progress is being made though...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.