Gundam Virtue

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by Soaring, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YessMasster

YessMasster New Member

At the moment there are some RL stuff that keep us from finishing it right away, but we have not forgotten about Virtue ;) It'll be done
  2. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

I'm very sorry for the lack of updates. I found out, when I began testing the build, that the leg shin was un-proportional. So I had to recylce everything, then go back to remodeling. This is what I have now. After I reach the waist, I'll send Yessmaster the Meta file, he will try to squeeze it in somewhere, then texture it. ^.^

Attached Files:

3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Looks complicated, and I like that! :D
  4. Soaring

Well, I can't say this model is going to be easy ;) But hopefully it will be worth the download.

Anyways....I'm taking a day off this project, and will resume again tomorrow!
  5. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Hey Soaring,
    Its coming along great :thumb: Take your time and don't get burned out.

6. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

hey soaring the model is looking mughty fine. your doing a grand job on it buddy keep it up.
  7. Soaring

Well, thanks guys, rlc, and townsman! I'm taking a vacation very, very, very, soon. 3 days till Road trip :)

I have to get this finished till the waist until then. Sadly, I lose interest so quickly, I tend to multi-task. I'll be switching between the Pillar of Autumn and Virtue till then.

Just to "Sauce things up" - Horrible attempt to attract interest, here's a shot of the unfolded parts so far. Sorry Yessmaster, I couldn't help myself ;)

Just a little note, some textures on the model will have to be built, if you know what I mean :twisted: K, you don't know what I mean....I'll just say textures sometimes in this model have to be "built" from tiny strips of paper. It'll keep you interested I'm sure:thumb: (And just for the occasional colored cardstock builder, ther'll be a white version just for ya)

Anyways, back to modeling!

Attached Files:

8. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Looks intricate.
    Translated into "ThunderChild-speech", that means 'Awesomely COOL!!!' sign1

Great work Soaring!! :thumb:
  9. Soaring

Thanks Thunderchild for the compliment. This won't be an easy build, that's for sure ;)

I'll start building the finished up and scaled legs tomorrow, until then, night everyone!
  10. cerebrave

cerebrave Member

Nice work soaring!
    it seems we have the same habit... tend to loose the mood quickly. That's may be why we kept posting our progress on any forum to boost back our mood. I kept jugling between gaming and papermodelling. Oh yeah, I'm designing a gundam my self. Its an Impulse gundam from seed destiny (have it on another thread). But this is my first, and I don't think it will be as good as yours, nor as complex as yours.

So guys out there, keep posting any comment, critism, praises or anything. That would certainly help us designers speed up our projects.

Hey, to get things more exciting, why dont we compete?! the one finishes first win!..
    haha lol, just joking, don't take it seriously.
  11. Soaring

Thanks cerebrave! I do juggle between Battlefield 2142 and papermodeling.....:rolleyes:

And what can we say, everyone needs a pat on the back sometime :rolleyes:

I'll take you up on that, I can finish before you :p Just kidding as well, I'm only on the waist, that's cheating! Actually, I'm finsihing up the leg, then moving up to the waist.

Onto the Gundam itself, I won't be doing any building today for this, sadly :cry: Hopefully tomorrow though :D

Hope you guys like the picture, that's all until tonight!

Attached Files:

12. Soaring

WOOHOO!Yay. Anyways, I've finsihed the ENTIRE leg, and ready to test build it! Whoot! I'll need some help with the building o' course,....Now where's Palmer -.-

Anyways, the leg is 6 pages of gruesome building. Looking at the armor parts....I'm going to need to reprint alot of times :eek: Ah well, hopefully this'll be worth it! Then I'll need Yessmaster for texturing ^_^

Time to start on the 1st page of 6 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

See ya in abit guys! :wave:

Attached Files:

13. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Looks great so far! Anxiously awaiting pics of the built up leg :rolleyes:

14. Soaring

Haha! sign1 That's surefire funny 57townsman, there'll be no pictures of the leg today, but for sure there will be pictures of the foot and the skeleton part 1. I'll keep you posted :thumb:
  15. Soaring

K, so far, everything is going fine! The part's fit alright, and I can't wait to see the skeleton!

Attached Files:

16. Soaring

Moving on, here's the bottom part of the foot, I'll finish up the last part of the foot tonight and get started on some legs tomorrow. :thumb: Enjoy!

Attached Files:

17. Soaring

Finished one foot for today. Wooh whee, this build is difficult, why I didn't make it any easier is beyond me ;)

Anyways, the heel of the foot comes in two parts, which then slide into that big Gray piece. Thats all, slide it in ^_^

TOmorrow, the skeleton leg will be built, until then,

G'night everyone!

Attached Files:

18. Soaring

Summary: I finished up part one of two in the foot joint. I was too lazy to think up a way to make the foot point downards, sorry. There's only roatation and side to side s waying motion :mrgreen:

Anyways, nothin really hard about it, just time consuming. Here's 2 sets of photos, assembly and finish photos ^_^ Of the foot :D

I'll see what I can do tonight, I think I can reach the skeleton shin :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

19. Soaring

Part two! Until tonight ^_^

Attached Files:

20. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

cool stuff, looking good so far.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.