Gundam Virtue

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soaring

Yay, back to building some Gundams! All I can say thisis going to be Gundam Virtue, and Nadleeh inside. I did this project for a friend. Build pictures will come after I come from the Doctor :thumb:

S

Soaring

Foot finished, this was just a quick test build I did 2 days ago to make sure everything was alright. Now to actually build the finshed feet and armor ;)

Attachments

• 100_2453.jpg
    100_2453.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 63
S

Soaring

Here's the parts layout, and I'll soon be starting the build ;)

Attachments

• 100_2454.jpg
    100_2454.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 41
S

Soaring

Sweet, a new replyer! Thanks for showing an interest, I'll updates in 30 minutes! Gotta cut out these skeleton pieces...

S

Soaring

First of all, Ello Yessmaster, great to see you here!

Second, he is correct, it will be hosted there.

And Finally, Thank you for the compliment, I gotta stop typing and get working...

SEBRET

First off, did you design this yourself? and second, are you actually building the skeleton and then placing the armor around it? if you are then i think this will be one of the cooler gundams I've seen. I've never seen a gundam build with the skeleton taken into thought. Can't wait

S

Soaring

First, yes, I did design this myself.

And yes, there is a skeleton, and it is fully poseable, thank you good lord, it actually works, just gotta finish building it...

Thanks SEBRET for the compliment.

As for updates, just 4 more pieces to cut, then time for glue and pictures!

SEBRET

Not to distract this thread from the build, but what program did you use? and if it is at all possible, would you know of any auto cad or sketchup models of the Gundam Seed Infinite(Strike) Freedom Gundam? I know its a long shot but i want to design a model from it and I am definitely not skilled enough to start from scratch. Now back to the Virtue...

S

Soaring

-To answer your question, I only use Metasequoia. Sorry, I'm too lazy at the moment, and worked up to go search for the link. Whoops, just instinct, had to go search it, sigh...Here ya go: http://metaseq.net/english/index.html
-To go free, you can download the free version
-If you want more options, go get the paid version.

And yes, I do know of a model of the Gundam Freedom, go visit the Sketchup Gallery: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/
Hope you have better luck than me, I already tried unfolding it, didn't come out as great as I expected..

Trust me, just use Meta, start from scratch. Metaseq. is so easy to use, and I'm not just saying that, it's a simple project. You can draw lines, then extrude, knife, to mold pieces. Or you can simply use primitives, that can EASILY, yes, EASILY shaped using the move/extrude/ bevel buttons.

Sorry about the off topic post, anyways, back to Virtue...

SEBRET

Thanks for the link, but i already have meta, sketchup, auto cad 08, and a few various other programs that i have yet to use. I have searched the warehouse, and im currently searching it again, with no results. do you happen to know what search term you used or have a link to the actual page for it, i have exhausted all word combos. sorry to keep bothering you with this, thanks :)

S

Soaring

Thare she blows! And here's the pieces laid out.
Tomorrow I'll get to the glueing, tonight, I need a break. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some high mobility photos tomorrow of the Nadleehs Skeleton leg attached to it's foot. Then I'll add the armor. I'm trying to make the skeleton detailed, yet simple, that's why Yessmaster is texturing it.

Just a note, there'll be triple the armor in which you have to put on if you build this. 1. Skeleton. 2. Nadleeh Armor. 3. Virtue Armor.

Sounds wierd eh? Then better wait for the pictures ;)

Attachments

• 100_2458.jpg
    100_2458.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_2459.jpg
    100_2459.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 28

Lex

Dollmaker
You designed this? C'mon say it Soaring, you didn't do this yourself did you? :D Nice work!

S

Soaring

You're just saying that Lex ;) But hey, thanks for saying it anyways. Yea, I desgned it, but my Buddy yessmaster over here is going to do the sweet textures and...stuff!

YessMasster

Yes, although i have to admit this is first time i have anything to do with Gundam papercraft. Anyways i'll give my best ;)

SEBRET

Yes, although i have to admit this is first time i have anything to do with Gundam papercraft. Anyways i'll give my best ;)

I'm sure you will do well. If I could remind us all who made and hosts what I think is one of the greatest collections of homeworld models I have found. I have no doubt you will shine at this too.

S

Soaring

No real building done today, I got side tracked. We spent most of the day getting ready for a piano Recital in 6 days, and then went to the store to buy some scissors, glue, and other great modeling supplies. Thank you mother!

Status
Not open for further replies.