Gundam RX-78-2

S

Soaring

Yeah, that's what I mean Grindar ;)

So, almost done with the hip joint, then I'll go back and rework everything up to this point. I really don't want this to end up like the MG Ver. Ka, that ended up too fat and short. [And yes, I do like over decaled gundams :D] More updates later.

S

Soaring

LOL! Nascar Gundams :p Yeah, I admit it, version Katoki is pretty sweet :D
I like most Gundams, Ver. Ka or not.

More updates! [Fun stuff] So I reworked the skeleton, and there you have it. The knee joints are much more though out, pistons and all :D Still can't get the thigh sliding action because the back section of the thigh.... I'll show a picure next update. This is way too difficult to explain :rolleyes: So, reworking the legs, and then I'll be on the arms.

As for the joints, there's layers within the thigh skeleton piece, that way the cylinder moving around everywhere,

Attachments

• RX-78 Joint.jpg
    RX-78 Joint.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Skeleton.jpg
    Skeleton.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Skeleton 2.jpg
    Skeleton 2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 10
  • RX-78 Joint 2.jpg
    RX-78 Joint 2.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 12
  • RX-78 Joint 3.jpg
    RX-78 Joint 3.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 8

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Good Gawd Man!!! She's got lots 'o' guts in there :p

I like it!!! You got the detail sickness like I do :D

Beware though. When you grind in too much detail you can end up loosing intrest and move on to another project. I've done that with way too many plastic kits :p

G1

S

Soaring

And now, I'm gonna take a break on designing for the weekend, and I'll be building the testbuild! In my honest opinion, I actually think this model is gonna end up to be pretty cool. I thought the build so far was easy and entertaining [just my thought].

So I got the 5 main pieces of the leg done, mainly armor bits. The last picture is a set up of how the leg may look when assembled. I still need to get the joints in, and that should be it!

I found out that I really would like to rework the knee cap and add some indents. Just for detail...

Hope you guys like it so far! :thumb:

Attachments

• 100_3313.jpg
    100_3313.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_3314.jpg
    100_3314.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 12
S

Soaring

Thanks guys :thumb: So finished with my testbuild, onto more designing! So before I move on, I still have yet to fix some kneecap proportions, add some detail, and fix the calve section. The joints work real well! The knee is double jointed by stopped by the calves, so I'll try to make them go down further. As for stability, the joints work fine, and rarely move around. They're are tight! More to come soon! [My photography sucks :D]

Attachments

• 100_3322.jpg
    100_3322.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_3324.jpg
    100_3324.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_3325.jpg
    100_3325.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 17
S

Soaring

Thanks! Uh... I'll be offering this one as a sale...I think. I'll possibly make a free downloadable bust of it...[ Have the model up on Ebay, probably only allow sale for 20 copies, cancellation of distribution after the sale. I think what I'll do is print the model out on my printer, instructions, final shots, and templates, then package it in one of those things that hold plasitc trees. ] I'll talk more about it once I get there :D

Onto the feet, I'll get more designing done this weekend, since Track and Field has started, I won't have much free time anymore. :cry:

S

Soaring

Well, designing finally went over way. This afternoon I got the shoulder and arm pieces in the basic state of design. I'll go back to add joints, indents, and other stuff tomorrow. I really am liking how this is turning out so far!

[Tried my hand at rendering in Meta, it was a pitiful attempt :mrgreen:] So I should have the entire arm done by Friday, and should finish up with the feet during the weekend. And Maybe, just maybe, I might start on the head. But before that, I'll need to go back to add and fix some areas. :thumb: Hope you guys like it so far!

*Should have a video update in a few days :D

Attachments

• Update 1.jpg
    Update 1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Rendered Update.jpg
    Rendered Update.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 12
S

Soaring

Thanks Janx! :D
Hands and joints have been added! Sorry it took a while, I'm run down with a bad fever and bronchitis. So, no modeling for a while, until it subsides. :cry: Here's just a short update. Tis almost done, just need the feet and head :thumb:

Attachments

• Almost there 1.jpg
    Almost there 1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 18
S

Soaring

Well, it's been months since I last posted...

Anyways, this thread is up in flames, I won't be posting anymore progress on this. Last year in December, I had another computer crash and had to restore. Sadly, I forgot to upload this model and other models I was working on, onto a USB. My brother tried to look into some freeware recovery software, but that didn't work either. I may remodel this because I still really like the ver KA, but I'm not sure.

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
Soaring!! Good to see you! :mrgreen: Bummer about the crash though. :( Hope to see you around more often. Are you back up and running now?

S

Soaring

Thanks Elliot :) Definitely will be on more, hopefully like I used to. I used to visit this site on a regular basis, about 10 times each day. Yup, I'm going to be designing and posting here and there.