Gundam GP03 Stamen

Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy. Though I'm not offended.

I actually find a tad funny. I think it's because I used to dislike SD, and now I've come around to them. I can see both sides of the debate.

True, the comment may have been a bit strong but we're all friends here right? Each to their own. :)

As for the GP03, I'm unfoling him now. It's going slowly as the mesh was fairly complex with all those joints and bits. Pep doesn't like it at all. :) But I'm getting through it so it's still progress.

I'm also running slow because I'm helping Rob(rlc321) texture his Alex Gundam. That's been fun, I can't wait for it to be available so tha there's someting new out there for everyone. His Hyaku Shiki is even better! But I'm biased as I love that suit, it was the first one I saw a pic of and got hooked straight away. ;)

So, SD's really suck eh? LOL Easy guys!

Master-Bruce

Unfolding Progress

Ok guys, to try and recover from the "SD Debate", I've taken aquick screen grab of the unfolding progress.

As I said earlier this is going slw because the mesh is very complex for a papermodel and Pepakura doesn't like it so it's taking time. To combat this I'm only unfolding/cleaning/organising one side of the mesh. This will save a lot of time for this, and being as each side is an exact mirror to the opposite side, this won't affect the model at all. I can just mirror the parts sheets later when I texture the model in PaintShopPro8 to give m both sides again.

WIP43.jpg

In this pic you see two pages of the developed model. The crotch area on theleft and the thigh on the right. This givesyou guys an idea of the size of the build model when you think that a thigh alone takes one page. That's without the joints for it. ;)

The build model will be 40 cm tall, not the 50cm I mentioned earlier.

Master-Bruce

Thanks Taz, it's going so slow it's driving me mad! I may just keep future models static. Saves on time later and keeps them newbie friendly. Though rather than just a standing pose I may go for a dramatic standing pose? Plus the joints will only be good for a short time as I've learned that paper joints often wear out quickly, making the model floppy. That wouldn't be good.

I'll carry on with this one though. ;)

Paragon

Leo Mobile Suit
Taurus Mobile Suit
Serpent (Not scorpion, whoops)
Aires
Tragos Plus with cannons 1 2
Cancer
Virgo Virgo II
Pices

Basically, these are all of the "grunts" from Gundam Wing, it would be typical to see ten or more of them destroyed in each episode by the gundams or other more powerful mobile suits like Talgeese, Mercurius, and Vayate. For some reason I've always really liked these designs, they look simple and utilitarian, like they could actually be used in the military. Don't get me wrong, I like Gundams well enough, but they don't seem as realistic. Some of the grunts from Gundam Seed would be nice too, like the Zakus, but they're not quite as simple looking. Units from 08th MS Team are also pretty similar in that regard.

Anyway, sorry to bug you about it. The progress is looking great for the GP03, I think it may have to be the first Gundam cardmodel I build (I've only built plastic Gundam models before).

Oh, Maguanac Corp suits are nice too:
Standard
Abdul Custom
Ahmad Custom
Auda Custom
Rashid Custom
Olifant

Master-Bruce

It's poseable! Though as I said it won't be as durable as a plastic kit. So you won't be able to pose it and repose it too often. It is paper after all. ;)

When I mentioned static models I was referring to future kits. Maybe, I haven't decided yet.

I need to get this finished first and get feedback.

Paragon, I'll look at all those links in a mo, after posting this. Thanks for posting them. :)

paoloidao

Salve a tutti.

I am not good following this discussion. I just want to give us a message. If this has already been said elsewhere then sorry.
Among other things, here we are talking about 3D models and graphic references to their implementation.
Good. These days I am trying to extract from mod graphics gundam 3.01 for homeworld 2, this tutorial on using the site erick (Erick's Models).
You can find this mod as well as gundam seed here:
Http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88
The models that can be obtained as references are valid, at least I believe, but can not be used directly. The 3d game is made by polygons that overlap.

Master-Bruce

Thanks very much. I'm familiar with Erick's tutorial.

I had no idea about this particulr mod though. Thanks for the heads up I'll have to take a look. They may not make good papermodels if objects intersect but I'd like to take a look anyway.

Thank you. :)

S

Soaring

Hey, that's some preety sweet progress ;) Can't wait tah try it! So....did you finish texturing Alex Gundam? ;P Or some parts :) Either way, good job so far man!

Master-Bruce

Not finishedwith Alex yet no. Though I'm actually working on him now(just taking a break to reply here ;) ), I was flying along but Rob found some pics of a slightly more detailed kit(a resin kit) So I'm adding more details to him. I'm going to try and avoid workng on the GP03 until Alex is back with Rob for instructions. So I aim to get Alex done in the next day or two.

As for the GP03, I've been making progress. Slow progress due to a busy weekend. I'm almost done with his leg now leaving his arm and backpack to be unfolded. Remember I'm only unfolding one side of him and them mirroring it to get the opposite side.

Busy, busy, busy. :)

S

Soaring

A DAY!!! WOOT! OR TWO?!~?!?!?!? YAY!!!!!
I'ma gonna build NT-1 after EX-s :D

S

Soaring

I'm trying man, It's just toooooharrrrdddd. Anyways, GP-03 huh? Mhm, poseable mhm? How many points of articulation :D

S

Soaring

T_T Aw man, Nice job so far :) I don't think I'll be able to build this :eek: