Gundam GP03 Stamen

Master-Bruce

Been busy trying to model these tail fins. The big things that stick out frm his butt. ;)

Finally have a shape that I'm happy with. Now to add the joints for them and then some engine cones and he's done. I think. :)

WIP38.jpg

WIP39.jpg

WIP40.jpg

WIP41.jpg

Then it's just a matter of weapons! Oh, I forgot to mention. The shield has been done in a way that allows it to be folding like the plastic kit. The builder will need to use some pins or wire to achieve this. :)

We're getting there.

tazman3

Model Designer Wannabe
Hey guys, fantastic work you are doing on these Gundams. I have a site that might be of use to you... FichtenFoo » Michael Fichtenmayer

I belong to his forum and have known him for years, he is a talented plastics builder, and this site is a great reference!

I'm looking forward to your kits...so when are you going to do a Z'gok?? :twisted:

Master-Bruce

Thaks for the link, he does some great work! :)

Sorry but the Z'gok isnt one of the types I like. I hated the Zaku too until recently, so this may grow on me too. ;)

I've got the joints done now for those tail fins and just about got the fittings all sorted. Just a weapon now and it's off for unfolding. I'm not looking forward to that as there's alot to get through, but hopefully it'll be worth it. :)

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
did yo mean this

hey tazman did you mean this i have one in the works aswell but i need to work on i only done a basic shell to get the right shape

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 19

tazman3

Model Designer Wannabe
SWEET! yes, that is one of them...if you need a beta builder for that one, let me know, I'll give it special priority! lol...I love those..I'll take a pic of what is sitting on my desk here at work tomorrow...:thumb: How are you planning on doing all the joints in the arms? I think the one, specifically, I am looking for is the Gogg...again, I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Big Gundam fan

Taz is a Big time Gundam fan!

I know he'd welcome a Gundam design contest (only because it would generate more excellent designs!).

Beautiful designs guys! Add to that the complexity of posable joints! What a challenge for both the designer and builder.

Keep 'em comin' guys!

Best regards,
Ron Caudillo
ronaldcaudillo@yahoo.com

tazman3

Model Designer Wannabe
Yep, I am a Gundam fanboy! :mrgreen:

I found a picture of that Gogg...

gogg1.jpg

And I also found one that I would love to see you do...my favorite Gundam of all...the Zeta +

zeta1.gif

Getter1

skupilkinson, The Stamen looks great. Can't wait to see how it turns out unfolded :) By the way welcome to the Gundam addiction :p I've been hooked since 1990!

rlc321, Did you put waist armor on that Z-Gok?

tazman3, Hey were you ever a member at Child of Mecha? I was but became inactive after getting hokked on papercraft. I was also one of the original judges of CMC (Cyber Modeling Competition). I'm not a member of Fictenfoo's forum but have met him in person once.

By the way I'm a huge fan of the Zeon aquatic suits and would love to see a Gogg but there is one aquatic that begs for some love because it gets so little in any medium and that is the HyGogg of 0080 War in the Pocket.

G1

Master-Bruce

Hey Rob, You kept that one quiet. :) Looks great buddy.

Taz, that Zeta looks amazing! I've not seen that one before. I love the colour scheme too, a total break away from the typical reds, yellow, and blues. That's one I'll definitely keep in mind. It's wicked!

Getter, I looked up the HyGogg. I have to say that I like it. Very unusual, although tricky for paper due to it's curves. Not impossible at all though. ;)

Two of my current favs are the AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra, Sazabi, and Shin Musha. Oh, that was three. Nevermind. :)

I think the GP03 is all ready for unfolding now as far as modelling goes. There is his weapon still to do but I think the Gundam is finished. WooHoo! Now to see what it looks like all flattened out.

tazman3

Model Designer Wannabe
Getter1: I was indeed...many moons ago. They are true hardcore Gundam fans there. It is a shame they close the board to just viewing, I would love to go by there and take a peek at what has been built lately...and it would be a great resource for these guys. Of course, Fichtenfoo's board is largely the same, but I think he has some of the gallery sections open. So many people at both places are very talented...but like you, I delved into paper, and here I am! :thumb:

S

Soaring

I said it once and I'll say it agian..........WHAT'S WRONG WITH SD!!! :p

xD Sorry Getter, I just think the idea of a fat head is kinda.......-_- Plus, there's more SD Gundams, in terms of paper :D

Getter1

I'm just messin wit you Soaring :p We all have our tastes.

At first I didn't care too much for SD, but after getting into games like SD Gundam G-Generation and Super Robot Wars (whose characters are in SD) I got totally addicted to them :p

I like that there are quite a few SD done in paper that never seen the light of day in plastic. One I have in plastic may never be finished after the release of the truly amazing paper version. That would be the S/Ex S Gundam found here,

¤È¤è¤Ã¤Ú¤Îµ¤³Ú¤ÊËÁ¸± SD Ex-s¥¬¥ó¥À¥àŸ³«¿Þ

I did a ton of mods just trying to get the plastic version to look decent and here the paper totally blows away all the work I had poured into the plastic! Oh well :p

G1

S

Soaring

Psh, I think Non SD Ex-s is better xD I just think the concept of Fat heads and barely moving legs.....Sorry, just how I think :p

Getter1

I actually perfer the regular S-Gundam without all the Ex equipment. Gundam Mk 5 is pretty sweet to :D

Can't convince you on SD :p I like em, you don't :p :p :p SD is a Japaneese cultural thing that not everyone would get. You seem to be focused on their lack of mechanical ability so you can't see they are just meant to be fun :D

I'm not the SD crusader but I can't let the little guys get kicked around either :)

Don't get me wrong I like full size models very much. I have a ton of regular porportioned Gundam kits in plastic. I also have some in paper, namely June's Hi-Nu and ZZ Gundam :D

I'm very glad to see skupilkinson and rlc321 getting some more full sized Gundam kits out there. The only ones other than event only kits I've seen were the Gundam Mk 5 and the 4 Gundams done by Masamune Washington (which I will never build due to his booby trapping his models). You guys are doing a great job, keep it up :D

G1

S

Soaring

When you say "fun" do you mean, Funny? Debate much! :D Alright, I just prefer Non- SD Gundams because I can't get Gundams in plastic anywhere. I'm not allowed to order online, and here in the Cali Valleys, Walmart stopped selling gundams because of the religous names given to them by japanese creators T_T