Gundam GP03 Stamen

S

Soaring

:eek: I actually found it on a forum, and I'm not sure if I could post the link. There was pictures for it, but when I clicked on the link, it showed a broken 404...

S

Soaring

^^ That's nice :eek:

I looked over the templates again, Like I said earlier though, they aren't as good as yours. Plus, it doesn't seem complete...only looks like the waist, chest, head and I think Arms and legs. Maybe not the arm or legs....
I'd be happy to PM it to ya.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I have a feeling you're on about the GP01B. I have it, but haven't built it as it did seem a little basic. I don't thik it's a pirate model either.

Don't worry about sending it buddy, it's cool. :)

S

Soaring

Yeah, that's the one
That's a relief :)
Back to texturing... Did you do it manually using Paint.NET? Because..if you did...You have Crazy skills....

-Ok, night, see you in 6 hours :) -

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, I'm texturing it the old fashioned way. Manually only I use PaintShopPro8. I'm finally getting comfortable with using it but there's still so much I don't know about it.

Thanks for the compliment buddy. :)

Kezn

pwned in the dawn
Aug 12, 2007
Hanoi, Vietnam
wow this is a superbe model buddy !
also I noticed that you divise the curves vertically, that make it look more smooth I think. I usually make it horizontally, I must try this one !
wait for more pix of you.
Kezn.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks Kezn,

Yeah I don't have a general rule for unfolding curves. I think it's just a matter of what works for me at that time. For the entry hatch it's vertical, it's assembled fine and is pretty smooth. Thouch for other areas it's horizontal.

Again, good to have you back buddy. :)

S

Soaring

Hmm, I never noticed the way that cockpit was produced...Good eyes Kezn!
Skip, in Lego MOCing, we would call that switch of placements SNOT Styled.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Got the arms all textured and ready to build. I'd say I'm pretty much 50% done with colouring now. :)

I'll start the building tomorrow or possibly tonight.

WIP54.jpg

WIP55.jpg

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks guys. Should start it tonight. Feelin a little tired though s may wait til the morning.

S

Soaring

Take as long as ya want buddy, I feel kinda tired too ^^ My hands hurt..... I stuck my hand to Hazel's Leg :S

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Hey Vulcan, Don't sweat it. ;)

I've actually though of designing just about every Gundam Ive seen in card. That's what makes picking a project so hard!! LOL I'm thinking of different things all the time. Right now it's a Sazabi! Though I have a friend who's also thinking of doing that. Plus I'll probably change my mind again a hundred times before I'm ready to start a new one. LOL

Update on the Stamen. I've started the testbuild of the arms. Nothing to show yet so no pics, sorry. The shoulder armor is really quite complex when you get to build it. Similar in difficulty to Onepiece' Hi-V.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
23.JPG

24.JPG

Here's the almost completed shoulder armor!! This parts is tricky to assemble. It's taken me 4 hrs(on and off) to get this one part to this stage. LOL Most of that time is spent waiting for glue to dry though.

Think ahead when you guys get to build this. This model is certainly not for the beginner. :)

I'll have more later on. We'll be testing our first real joint!! WooHoo!