Gundam GP03 Stamen

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks Rob. Always god to know people ae looking this thread up to see any progress. :)

As for progress, I'm almost done with the head! :thumb: I have to say, it's BIG! Now I scaled this model in Pep to stand at a nice 40cm tall. I've heard that the Hi-V model be Onepiece is also 40 cm tall? I started building that but haven't completed it yet. I have done the upper body though. Anyway, I compared my GP03 head against the Hi-V head and found that mine is at least twice as big as the Hi-V!!! I don't know how but something has gone wrong with the scaling I think???

So, if the Hi-V is indeed 40cm tall, I'm guessing that myP03 will be a whopping 70-80cm tall!! How this happened I don't know but I've come too far to go back and to be honest I'm happier with the larger models anyway. So it'll stay as is.

On to the pics!

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Final shot showing the head with a UK 50p coin for size comparrison. UK members will know that this is the biggest coin we have in our currency(well, second to the £2 coin) and demonstrates the head size very well.

The head went together very well, no fit problems at all which is great news! Now I just have to add the antenea and it's done and I can sleep knowing that the head at least is fine. :)

Now off to tidy up my house and then start texturing more of the legs.

BTW, I've finished adding details and texture to the thighs now!

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Started on the upper torso now. This is the center part that it all fixes to. I love how that "EFSF" logo wraps around it on the G-System kit. I was worried I hadn't got that right but it looks fine.

6.jpg

The build of this part isn't "finished" :)

Kids are home now so time to be Dad. I'll be back at it later.

miguelj

Papercraft Addict
Sep 20, 2006
Papercraft Paradise
I built the Hi-V last year and I upscaled it to make it as big as EX-S. As far as I can remember I think I upscaled it by 40-60% and it came out to about 40 cm high.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
You upscaled it to make it 40cm tall? Ok. This may be right then. We'll find out soon enough. :)

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Got the center part for the upper body done. The large orange part went together just fine. The white hatch though was tricky and took some persuasion to get it in place. I think this was down to my building rather than the design.

Looks Ok now though. :) :

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Just doing the neck and collar now.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Got the neck collar and neck itself done now. Good progress today I think. Everything fits so far the the textures line up ok.

he one thing I've not done is the neck joint. This is easily rectified so I'll ad that prior to release. ;) For this build though I'll have it static so I'll glue the head on.

Here's some pics:

10.jpg

11.jpg

I hope it shows but here I was trying to give a more 3D look to the base of the neck. I wanted it to look detailed with some depth but without having more to build there due to the size parts woul have to be.

Hope I pulled that off and you guys like it. :)

smyfe

Dec 29, 2006
Stourbridge, West Midlands UK
Hooked

Hi skip, told you I was converted, now I'm hookedsign1and thanks to getter1 for the link, I've just downloaded an sd to try. I hope i can get enough practice to be able to build something like the magnificent model you are designing. Keep up the great work, I'm watching closely.:thumb::thumb:

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Decided to glue the head on before bed. Why not?! :)

I got a feeling of how big this model is so took yet more pics of it only this time in my hand to try and give you an idea of the size. I try to imagine it now with the rest of his body and legs on. The picture in my mind is a good one. LOL Let's hope the reality is just as good. :)

12.jpg

13.jpg

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks alot buddy. I appreciate it. I sleep, just not alot. LOL

Hooked you say?! Very good! What SD are you doing? Don't forget to start a thread buddy, I'd like to see how it shapes up. Even if you feel you're not goodenough, the encouragement you get here is top notch! You'll soon get your confidence up. ;)

I'll try to impress again tomorrow. I'll be building the side pods that finish off the upper body, then hopefully the lower body.

daredevilbr

Dec 5, 2006
Paperland!
Hello skupilkinson.... I have been accompanying from I begin him that project (Same that from a distance).... and really this being spectacular!!!... congratulations!!

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks DareDevil, :)

Glad you're watching buddy, and I'm happy you like it. I'm up early again, so I've started the side pods. I should have pics soon.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks Simmo, though this is Anime, I still class it as sci-fi too. :)

I'm still interested in the BSG project there but SJSquiirel is taking cre of the Galactica so I'll focus on this for now. It's my baby! LOL

Hey Rob, glad you like the neck. I'll have new pics soon.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
As promised I have som more pics for you all. :)

I started the chest today!

I should be workin more on texturing today. At least that was my plan for today but I couldn't help it. I just want to see more of it built. LOL

On to the pics:

14.jpg

15.jpg

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
P.S. Thanks to whoever gave this thread a 5 star rating!! I appreciate that. :)

Also, I've not coloured the seams in still. I did do it in one place today on the chest. It shows up a dark orange but in normal light you barely see it. I'll do the rest later after building the other side of his chest.