Gun Turret HIJMS YAMATO 1:100

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by JohnMGD, Dec 3, 2007.

1. JohnMGD

JohnMGD Member

Like to show some pictures of my latest model.

Attached Files:

2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I have to say I'm speechless... that is some amazing work you've done there... did you do this entirely from scratch? How long did it take? Where do I get one? :D

Awesome details, right down to the cutaway barrel...

Can't wait to see how the rest of the ship turns out :D Just kidding... haha.
  3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

jawdrop The mind just boggles.

Very impressive.
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Very impressive!!!
    Oh is that a scratchbuild?
    That's even MORE impressive then!!!!!!
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Such a great idea!

The work is great. I love cutaways too, going way back to when I was a kid.
  6. Teamski

Teamski Member

Oh, now that is something else! What a cool looking model!! :)

7. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Words fail me plastic, wood or paper this would be show stopper at any IPMS show. This is a model that I would really like to see in person show us some more close ups!
  8. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

I do not give many views that my English is very bad, but this time is different, your model has left me very surprised jawdropjawdropjawdrop, it is fabulous ............ congratulations.
  9. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Stunning...absolutely great...wish I had half the talent...or any talent at all

John John
  10. JohnMGD

JohnMGD Member

Hi all,

Thanks for all your compliments. The build is a scratch build. I started it last year September, only working on it when I'm home in Wintertime. In Summer you can find me in my second homeland CANADA and enjoying this country, without any siccors sign1, so in all it took about a year to build, although it's not ready completely, just some minor details.

PS: when the Turret is ready I make a complete report of it and show here!!!!
  11. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

Very nice work! Highly creative and original.
  12. eibwarrior

eibwarrior Member

That is utterly unbelievable. I can't wait to see more pictures. What reference did you use for all this detail? That's an ambitious model, and you pulled it off with excellent workmanship.
  13. JohnMGD

JohnMGD Member

Hi Eibwarrior

The reference I used for building YAMATO's gun turret was AOTS Yamato from Skulski and about six books from Gakken, Futabasha etc.

14. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I'll be the one to ask. Did you make masters or any kind of a print that others could use to create their own copy?

I thought it was a kit and was ready to buy one. So, there!
  15. mikew

mikew Member

That is a fantastic piece of work. Definitely reminds me of the section models of the wooden ships that you see.

16. nibel

nibel Member

I can't imagine how the ship will looks like after complete.. just amazing!
  17. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I know John is the guy who did the Fuso cut away but.....

This scale...the entire model?

I mean...he wouldnt would he????

John John
  18. eibwarrior

eibwarrior Member

Those Gakken books are expensive, but it looks like they were an invaluable resource to build this cut-away. Again, a tremendous job!
  19. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

Just when I think, maybe I might have some skill at paper modeling, I see something like this. Deep sigh ....
    That is just stunning. Thanks for showing us that.

20. hmas

hmas Member

Superb excellent, but you soon run out of adjectives to describe this work of art .
    I'm going to have to get a lot more practice & patience.