guitar amp

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by monsterrcbuilder04, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i was wondering if anyone on here knew anything about guitar amps or enough about electronics to help me with this. i have an old 10 watt amp lieing aorund and i wanted to up the power and to get more i figured i would just need ot get a different transformer or wire in another one witht he same specs(volt input and out put and same with amps) i think it might fry the transistors in the amp if anyhting but theres no value in the amp too me so that really wouldnt matter and i could just upgrade them. please tell me if another transformer will do the trick without killing the entire amp or if not how i would make it more powerful. THANK YOU
  2. gaz_r36

gaz_r36 Member

its cheeper 2 buy a new 1
  3. gaz_r36

gaz_r36 Member

+ the risk of it goin bang
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

no the amp was free and i have the parts i need in my shop(i go to a trade school) so everything would cost me absolutly nothing
  5. gaz_r36

gaz_r36 Member

go 4 it then m8
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

ok i diffinatly will man
  7. gaz_r36

gaz_r36 Member

remember 2 tell us how loud the bang is
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

dont worry i deffinatly will. it wont be for a week or 2 though because i am in academics right now
  9. RC King

RC King Member

a Transformer wouldnt make it more powerful.that just converts AC to DC.to make it louder you would have to change the Amplifier which might require a higher amp Transformer,Capacitor and transitors ect...doing all that is almost the same thing as building a whole other guitar amp.not worth it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.