Guide to Hazel Gundam Papercraft

S

Soaring

I know, I know, the last one was supposedly the guide, but I thought I'd better just call that the "Pre" Guide.

Anyways, Welcome to the Guide to building Hazel Gundam papercraft!
Let's check out some details of this model.

The creator, mechani8or, has done a beatiful job in creating SOME of the templates, although, there are some "Pros" and "con's" of this model which are listed below. *This paragraph will be centered around....you know, maybe like a critic's corner.

Pro's
The model itself, well, the parts I've built so far are very cool, the "cool" things I would like to note is, how easy it SEEMS. Plus, the finished part is amazing ;P
You can also get the no lines version, but I think lines version is better for the first time.
The model is described to be at least 30 cm, but is said to be 31.

Con's
You must be thinking, Con's already? Well, I didn't have much pro's to note :)
The templates, which I downloaded, are kind of.....what's the word, messed up? I downloaded these templates first off of pepakura. Then, from the creator's site. Both were the same, evidentely... Anywho, examine the templates carefully.
Pepakura template-
Some of the parts are infused with another
Some tabs are infused in parts
Some tabs aren't even on the sides where they're supposed to be. *This may seem not much of a big deal to you, but to me, I think it's crucial.
Windows I think JPG, where you can edit the templates colors.
Here, the parts aren't as badly messed up compared to the pepakura file.
Some tabs are again infused in parts, but not enough that you can't build it, you can imagine the rest of the tab and draw it by pen.
When you print it, the parts seem faded, well, at least when I print them. It doesn't come out so clear. This may not seem like a big problem to you with all the fancy and new printers, but our Lenmarx printer was broken a year ago, now we only have a Canon :/.

Alright, now we're done with the critisism. Do not get discouraged by the Con's of this model, that's why I'm here to "Guide" you through this mess. So, let's get started!

Guide to Hazel Gundam papercraft
- Tools
Pen
Nail filer
Tweezers
Super Gel Glue
X-acto Knife
Toothpick
One cartridge of black ink and colored.
Cardstock(I use 67 grams)
Scissors
Rug/ Carpet/ cutting mat
Those are all the parts you need to build Hazel, however, you can use different tools, I can only use these :/

*Other things you will see in this guide
-Scoring, cutting, pre-shaping, oh my! Which means To score the parts of this page first, then cut out the pieces, next, pre- shape it, without using any adhesive product.
-LOOK! Pay attention to this portion especially if you're having trouble.
- Pre-shaped and cut! Which means, on most of the pieces, I'll show you different views of a piece I thought was difficult XD
Step 1
Gather up the tools either listed above or the tools you regularly use.
Then, add those color and black cartridges! Print out the Hazel Gundam parts, or just one part if you want.

Tomorrow, I'll post the first parts. For now, I'd better get some rest, print out the feet! We'll be doing that tomorrow! Happy New year!

S

Soaring

No problem guys, this is the guide where you can post your own ideas, if you found something which needs to be pointed out, then post it, along with a picture! O_O I'll start on the guide right after lunch!

S

Soaring

Step 1

Alright, how's everyone doing? Fine? Good, great.
Now, I only held of this project for one week, so I guess that's a few days :)

Alright, now for part one of the many parts. Let's start with the first note-
-Print out the foot that comes first in the kit.
-Scoring, cutting, pre-shaping, oh-my!
Tomorrow I'll post some pictures of the second note, Night everyone!

Attachments

• 100_1307.jpg
    100_1307.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 20
S

Soaring

:twisted:NOTICE- I won't be working on this guide for who knows till, because I am working on the EX-S Paper-kit. I'm such a loser T_T I need to finish what I began, and looking back at EX-S, I gotta finish it! Plus, my family said my papercraft looked like plastic *which is a good thing!*:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Your speed is very fast already, we don't normally see daily updates for builds here ^^ --I only update mine weekly :D Modelmaking is for the enjoyment of oneself isn't it? So take your time~~

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
The EX-S is a great looking model. What colour scheme are you doing? I've seen a red and a blue version.

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
I'm seeing a lot of tab issues. Wouldn't it be easier to just omit any and all tabs on this item? The reason why I say this is because I am really now starting to get away from tabbed projects and moving towards internal formers and/or internal tabs.

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
The tabs issue has been raised a number of times. I don't really know about mecha but in this build I had discarded 95% of the original tabs in favour of backing tabs. --But I suppose with the angular shape of gundams you can still get away using them ^^