Guess this comfirms it

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by CNWman, Feb 4, 2007.

1. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I think you're more into this thomas stuff than my daughter is. :D
    Maybe there should be a seperate Thomas forum? ;)
  3. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Well, just Mavis. She was my first TTTE engine and so she's somewhat special to me. I just admitied my desire for a model of her today at dinner. I can get Mavis at the listed price on that website, oh if Bachman would finish up R&D and make her already so I can add P2K knuckle couplers to her so I can get a switcher!

As for a TTTE fourm, that's not a bad Idea. Mods?
  4. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Ahh, the denizens of Sodor! Hey, did ya see Spencer? He was on this morning, first time I've seen him. He's a silver A4 Mallard, I think!
  5. cdawgs65

cdawgs65 New Member

Totally off the cuff but last year I was watching NCIS, and the guy they call Ducky, in his office, in the back ground on a shelf he had a scale model of that engine the Mallard, of course I was telling my wife, don't you get it, he's British thats a British steamer, it's called a Mallard, His name is Ducky!! And she said, "WOW". Well just wanted to let that one out, PHEW!!!
  6. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Nope, haven't seen TTTE and Friends in a LONG while. Manly got turned off on them about a year ago when I caught it on and the narator said "Toby spots a toad", and I thought "TTTE is now a todlers to young kid show". Wish it had been a different one, Like the most butifal engine one where Gordon creates havoc all over the placesign1 Spencer is indeed a Silver A4, just like the Malard, The fastest steamer ever! :D
  7. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Ya think??:D :D

I'm in my second childhood:rolleyes:
  8. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Well, I have a problem with making too many first asumptions:D That andplease excuse me for making that remark about a line that sounded like it was from the TELETUBIES or some todler show:oops:
  9. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

My brain is probably now contaminated with TTTE. I'm seriously thinking on TIVOing himsign1
  10. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Just to nitpick a bit: The class is A4 (or Gresley A4). Mallard was just one of the series -- there was a string of them named after birds, plus the 4 silver ones, and a set of Commonwealth countries. A bunch were re-named after LNER Directors and one for Eisenhower. Some people thought it funny that the fastest steam locomotive was named for a rather slow duck.