Guard Duty

P

philip

Better him than me! Started messin around with this Rix structure and added a few details to enhance the appearance. This shack will go on the pier I'm slowly building. The Guard has no idea what he's in for "24 O 7" if ya know what I'm talkin about!

philip:rolleyes:

Attachments

• p7270056.jpg
    p7270056.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 204

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
A great looking structure philip

I like the added details like the oil tank
As far as what the guard is in for???
I guess I don't know what you mean by the 24" o 7":confused: :confused: :confused:

P

philip

Planted

Robin: 24 O 7 is a term us Americans use meaning 24 Hours a day and 7 days a week. Its actually pronounced 24 oh 7. Sorry for being so vague. Planted the guard shack and worked on a bunch of the pier stuff today. That guard is still at attention. Blake, that is standing seam on the lean- to part of the roof!;)

Attachments

• p7270057.jpg
    p7270057.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 151

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
For shame expecting so much from that poor guard.
On my MAT the LPBs work a 37.5 hour shift. Any scheduled work after those many hours gets paid time and a half. They also get profit sharing so there are no disgruntled employees seeking to be unionised. Not that I have anything against unions. These guys just don't even think of one. Doing it the Milliken way.

P

philip

other end of the pier is ghost town

;)

Attachments

• p7270058.jpg
    p7270058.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 146

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Great Lookin' Buildin' Philip!

Robin: It's refreshing to hear about someone treating the LPBs the same way I do! Rock on!

Originally posted by Matthyro
For shame expecting so much from that poor guard.
On my MAT the LPBs work a 37.5 hour shift. Any scheduled work after those many hours gets paid time and a half. They also get profit sharing so there are no disgruntled employees seeking to be unionised. Not that I have anything against unions. These guys just don't even think of one. Doing it the Milliken way.

Yep, same as me, no more than 37.5 hours per shift, and no more than 2 shifts per day! They get one ten minute break between shifts, assuming their work has been good and they keep sober. After that they get double time. And we do the profit sharing too. With all the negative proffits, I've been having a hard time collecting it from them though, since I don't pay 'em. And free medical too, as long as I can fix it with a hobby knife, glue and paint :D :D :D

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Originally posted by spitfire
Nice work Philip! Up here we just say 24-7. That should not be confused with 2-4, which refers to a case of fine Canadian beer, or 2-fer, which is 2 for 1. Hope I've clarified that for everyone. :D :D :D

cheers
Val

...And if you can find a place that sells 2-fer 2-4s 24/7, Go-fer it!:)

P

philip

Gauge guys/girls : I have never been so covered up with so much construction work. I trim houses for a living. Sorry about the delays in answering all you good folks. I'm looking forward in maybe slowing down again this winter and do some more modeling. If only fall/winter would come early! August is the hot one.

philip ;)