Guard Duty

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by philip, Jul 27, 2003.

1. philip

philip Guest

Better him than me! Started messin around with this Rix structure and added a few details to enhance the appearance. This shack will go on the pier I'm slowly building. The Guard has no idea what he's in for "24 O 7" if ya know what I'm talkin about!

Attached Files:

2. interurban

interurban Active Member

Nicely done plilip, Hope he gets lots of coffee and doughnuts :D
    Ask jon if he can join the union for LPB.
    Lets see the pier when you can.;)
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

A great looking structure philip

I like the added details like the oil tank
    As far as what the guard is in for???
    I guess I don't know what you mean by the 24" o 7":confused: :confused: :confused:
  4. interurban

interurban Active Member

24 hours a day 7 days = always:D :D :D :eek:
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Outstanding little structure!!! BTW we don't allow the LPB's to unionize around here! :D
  6. Blake

Blake Member

Ahhh, what do THEY have to complain about. Plastic knees, feet and backs don't get tired! Nice shack. Do I see some Evergreen standing seam roofing?
  7. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Great job Phillip. Both the shack and the picture.
  8. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Used to do 24- 7 when I worked for an Elevator company....... always on standby like your guard A least he has a very nice looking structure around him good work
  9. philip

philip Guest

Robin: 24 O 7 is a term us Americans use meaning 24 Hours a day and 7 days a week. Its actually pronounced 24 oh 7. Sorry for being so vague. Planted the guard shack and worked on a bunch of the pier stuff today. That guard is still at attention. Blake, that is standing seam on the lean- to part of the roof!;)

Attached Files:

10. Matthyro

For shame expecting so much from that poor guard.
    On my MAT the LPBs work a 37.5 hour shift. Any scheduled work after those many hours gets paid time and a half. They also get profit sharing so there are no disgruntled employees seeking to be unionised. Not that I have anything against unions. These guys just don't even think of one. Doing it the Milliken way.
  11. philip

philip Guest

Plus free health care !;)
  12. philip

philip Guest

other end of the pier is ghost town

Attached Files:

13. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Great Lookin' Buildin' Philip!

Robin: It's refreshing to hear about someone treating the LPBs the same way I do! Rock on!

Yep, same as me, no more than 37.5 hours per shift, and no more than 2 shifts per day! They get one ten minute break between shifts, assuming their work has been good and they keep sober. After that they get double time. And we do the profit sharing too. With all the negative proffits, I've been having a hard time collecting it from them though, since I don't pay 'em. And free medical too, as long as I can fix it with a hobby knife, glue and paint :D :D :D
  14. Matthyro

That pier is going to be a busy place philip.
  15. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Nice work Philip! Up here we just say 24-7. That should not be confused with 2-4, which refers to a case of fine Canadian beer, or 2-fer, which is 2 for 1. Hope I've clarified that for everyone. :D :D :D

16. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

...And if you can find a place that sells 2-fer 2-4s 24/7, Go-fer it!:)
  17. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Nice guard shark!
  18. philip

philip Guest

Gauge guys/girls : I have never been so covered up with so much construction work. I trim houses for a living. Sorry about the delays in answering all you good folks. I'm looking forward in maybe slowing down again this winter and do some more modeling. If only fall/winter would come early! August is the hot one.

philip ;)