GT Upgrades

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Justin_E, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

OK. Im gonna upgrade the engine in my RC10GT to a Wasp .18, what other ugrades should I plan on getting besides that?
  2. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

RPM arms,turnbukles,bulkheads and shocktowers maybe an fm radio!!!!!!!!
  3. redheat

redheat Member

Right on , MX3 radio, If you havent gone threw your tranny and diff. it might be a good idea to , thats were all the power from the Wasp is gonna hit. E your gonna go nuts with that .18 it is one forgiving motor I really like mine. The only thing I did to change it was to remove the carb. and put a 10e from a cvr.12 carb. on worked like a charm.
  4. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

OK thanks. What do you mean go through my tranny? And what do you mean my a forgiving motor? Anyone else have any suggestions?
  5. redheat

redheat Member

First off do you no how to tear the tranny apart? Forgiving in the sense that I meant was for example the motor can take abuse to a point and still keep on ticking. In other words in a sense it'll forgive you for running it hard and well run hard the next time you fire it up , am I coming across to you? RED
  6. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Ya you are coming across me lol. And no, Ive never torn the tranny apart before.
  7. redheat

redheat Member

Okay well you can still take the time to make sure that the bearing move freely no play in the top shaft, and I would highly suggest that you purchase a metal brake adapter, get rid of the plastic one. RED
  8. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

What is a brake adapter lol
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Fits on the top shaft behind the slipper octagon looking thing with a slit that has a pin threw it, lets get your carb. setup RED
  10. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

OK thanks
  11. redheat

redheat Member

Common lets get that gt running RED
  12. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Will I have to upgrape my pipe and manifold for the Wasp? Or can I just use my stock GT pipe?
  13. redheat

redheat Member

Justin my man stick with the stock exhaust system ,works great save your money for something else. RED
  14. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

OK I just didnt know if the manifold would fit on the engine
  15. redheat

redheat Member

piece a cake, RED
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.