Grumman A-6E Intruder - 1:48

Discussion in 'Kit Announcements' started by wingsbg, Sep 23, 2004.

1. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

Hello to all

After the summer break I'm designing again and I'm happy to announce my new kit.
    For more photos of the alpha build visit:

Best regards to all

Kancho Iliev

2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Looks good, congratulations!
    Maybe for the next model something Japanese.......
  3. gera

gera Member

Looks about an SM-81???? :lol:
  4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Kancho...I see the plans to one of my favorite aircraft in the background. Is that a hint as to your next offering?
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Frogfoot! Yeah that would be nice.
  6. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

It seems Su-25 isn't only my preffered plane :)))
    Sorry, but it won't be the next. these plans are on my design desk since begining of the year. This will be my first 1:32 model, but it won't be selled via my site, because it wil be very detailed and won't be sweetable for download. I'm designing it in background and tis is defining very slow design. May be I'll do 1:48 version, but it won't be soon.
    The next one will be Kawasaky Ki-100
  7. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

That's a gorgeous looking model. I'm also looking forward to see an Su-25. Very detailed you say? :D The more the merrier.
  8. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

May I suggest doing the plane in two fuselage versions?
    And if you need any documentation, it's yours :D
  9. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

Good idea. In fact I usualy do not do variants, but I'll take your offer into consideration.
    About documentation-I have good drawings, but the thing i need is view of engine Kawasaki Ha-140.
  10. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Ha-140 was the liquid-cooled inline engine powering Ki-61 II and Ki-61 II KAI
    Ki-100 had Ha-112 II engine - fourteen-cylinder air-cooled radial.
    I will try to dig something up later.
  11. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

Yes, you are quite right - i did mistake. The Ha-140 is inhibitor of Ha-40 - Japan variant of Db-601a. So I really need Ha-112.:) :) :)
  12. Gil

Gil Active Member

The Ki-100-Ia/b both used the Mitsubishi Ha-112-II 14 cylinder engine. The general series was named "Kinsei" (Golden Star) starting at 730 HP it went quickly to 910 HP and was giving as much as 1560 HP at the end of the War. Designations include Army 99 Model 2, the MK 8-A through MK 8-P, the Ha-112 and finally the HA-33.

Mitsubishi held a Pratt & Whitney license prior to the outbreak of hostilities and many think it was this connection which influenced the design and it's inherrent reliability.

Hope this helps your research...,

Best regards, Gil
  13. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I found this photo in Rene Francillon's Japanese Aircraft of the Pacific War.
    I also have some photos of Ki-100 showing very limited details of the engine.
    Let me know if it will be usefull to you...