Grumble.... I Hate Backorders.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Last week I ordered an RMT Beep from WholesaleTrains.Com. The website stated that they shipped out the day after the order was recieved. Several days later, I did not have a shipping confirmation but I had one for an item I ordered from them a couple of days after I ordered the Beep. Being a little concerned, I sent them an e-mail asking about it. I got no reply so I sent a second one yesterday. Today I get a reply to my first e-mail stating that the train is back ordered and will ship when it comes in. I can accept things get back ordered from time to time. I work in a parts and supplies department so I'm used to it. I just think if an item is on backorder, the seller should send an e-mail or something to let people know rather than make them wait and wonder. I'm not really trying to bash Wholesale Trains they got my other item out at the speed of light. I just wish they had let me know the Beep was backordered instead of making me go to them. Now I'm grumpy because I have to wait for my engine. :(

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
hey cannon ball i use www.internettrains.com thsy have almost every manufacturer and have almost all products discounted.its my go to source for my supplies,rolling stock,engines,structures,everything i need.i hope this helps you cannon ball.oh and they actually tell you if its on backorder so no need to worry bout a late engine :thumb:

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
I guess that backorder didn't take long. Just got the tracking number from Wholesale Trains and my Beep is on it's way! :thumb:

Just got my grass mat today as well. I haven't had a chance to take it out of the box and look at it but hey.... It's a grass mat. How can you break one of those? :D

Overall, I'll give www.WholesaleTrains.com a thumb and a half up for these two orders. It would be two thumbs if they had let me known sooner about the backorder but at least now I know it's coming. :)

Illus

Sep 24, 2006
Wyandotte, Michigan
Wholesale Trains did the same thing to me. The website said they had it, and then when I got everything else, I found out my switches were backordered... So after 30 days, I got a refund. If you call them to order, they can tell you if they actually HAVE the item you want, that seemed to work better for me...

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Illus said:
Wholesale Trains did the same thing to me. The website said they had it, and then when I got everything else, I found out my switches were backordered... So after 30 days, I got a refund. If you call them to order, they can tell you if they actually HAVE the item you want, that seemed to work better for me...
I may do that next time. Of course, now that i'm looking at the new Marx Trains by Ameritrains, I don't know if I will be getting much else for awhile.