Ground Throws

cellis242001

Nov 27, 2006
Does anyone know any good sites for ground throws (I guess that is what they are called??) I want to do some manual switches in order to save a little $; afterall the IRS doesn't really recognize my layout as a small home based business!:cry: Also, does anyone know what type works with N scale Atlas code 80 switches? Thanks for any help.

ejen34

Aug 6, 2006
Brewer, ME

cellis242001

Nov 27, 2006
Thanks guys for the info. Let me know what you end up doing Ozzy as I will probably run into the same problem.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
cellis242001 said:
Thanks guys for the info. Let me know what you end up doing Ozzy as I will probably run into the same problem.

the ones i got are from caboose industries, after looking at them, i dont think there is room to make the hole on the switch bigger, but i think i can file the peg small enough to fit the hole, i will try it tomarrow and see how it works for you. i got to get ready for work now.

ejen34

Aug 6, 2006
Brewer, ME
ozzy said:
the ones i got are from caboose industries, after looking at them, i dont think there is room to make the hole on the switch bigger, but i think i can file the peg small enough to fit the hole, i will try it tomarrow and see how it works for you. i got to get ready for work now.
Ozzy, the 206S throws, if that is what you got, are not designed to fit the C80 switches. I had picked up a few sleeves of various Caboose adapter ends on ebay about 6 months earliear, that would be sleeves that had adaptors for peco, atlas C55 & C80 etc switches. If using these it is easy to see which one fits the C80 switches. I also use C80. I don't think one would have a lot of wiggle room to make the 206S switches work on C80 switches as delivered...I could be wrong tho....

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
ok, you CAN file the peg on the throw , and it will work! took me 30 sec,

i just took 2 small nails and put them into the holes of the throw and pushed them into the foam, it worked good enough for the test, engine went over it fine, both ways. but i will have to find a better way to mount the throw to the foam for good tho, as after a few times of moving the throw back and forth the nails work loose from the foam.

ejen34

Aug 6, 2006
Brewer, ME
Ozzy, pm your snail mail address to me and I will be glad to mail you a couple of sleeves. Once you see em you will see how easy using the right ones goes :p