Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SEBRET, Jun 28, 2008.

SEBRET Member

Soaring asked me to post this so i will. I don't have a source for this. It was a nameless model i picked up from 4Chan. I can send the model to anyone who sends me a pm.

I wanted to build new hands for him, but he said that they would never be the same as the ones he lost to Obi sign1
  2. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Pretty cool looking model. I'd like a copy if possible.
  3. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Excellent build! More pictures and this';ll be even more cooler!

I think I saw this model in either the Japenese or English pepakura gallery...Not sure!

SEBRET Member

I'll try to take better pictures in the morning with better light, see you all tomorrow.
  5. widget

widget Member

just a nitpick here...didn't he have four arms in the movie?
  6. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

The two split into 4.

SEBRET Member

He has two, each with six fingers, which allow him to split them into two each, and therefore have a three finger grip on each. He lost his right lower and left upper sets of fingers in the movie, so I'm kinda on par, but technically he should still have three fingers on each hand.
  8. jojopylote

jojopylote New Member

very good built
  9. This is the model from piromodel, right? It looks better than I imagined in first place, have to build this one some time! :)

EDIT: Hmm, couldn't find this model anywhere to download anymore, though I think I found it somewhere in the past...

Anyway, could you send it to me please?

Thanks. :)
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

4ch shows its fury again! Very nice model design!
  11. brad4ds

brad4ds New Member

12. widget

widget Member

Thanks for the clarification. :)
  13. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Great news Everyone! For starters I took some more pics for fun. On another note I just got a job because of this stuff, lol. I was shopping in an A.C. Moore crafts store, and when i had to ask where some stuff was the lady that helped me find the stuff asked me what i was using it for, so i told her card modeling and she freaked, saying "OMG, your a card modeler?" and stuff. So apparently I'm the first card modeler to walk in there store since they opened 3 years ago, and they need an instructor to teach papercraft classes. They hold all kinds of classes, like cake making, scrap booking, drawing and other stuff, but they have yet to find a card modeler, so i got offered the job. Yay me. I knew this hobby would pay off someday!
  14. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Stupid Question guys, what side of the self healing mat is the "healing" side? the smooth glossy, or the matte rough?
  15. voltron5

voltron5 Member

When I first saw this thread and that you were cutting on metal it made me cringe:eek:(nails on a chalkboard),I suppose that depends on what brand mat you have. One that I have has a texture on the healing side and is shiny on the other side. Can you show us a pic of your mat?

You might want to resize those pics in your last post...My eyes!!:mrgreen:
  16. Soaring

Rough side, the one that has bolder lines I believe.

Great model! Great pictures!
    So where's this cardmodeling class you're going to teach? Hopefully in California :D
  17. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Its In Florida, lol, so no luck there. Besides, I'll probably do an intro to Card modeling thing, and just have them make Hakos. I have The Beatles Hako Set, so maybe that will strike their interest.
  18. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Hey Sebret, a big congratulations to you on landing that job. There's nothing better than getting paid to do something you love doing. Have fun man!

19. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Thanks sjsquirrel, i appreciate it. The only problem is what to show them. I'm the kind of guy that works on models from "Claudio's world" lol, so I'm not quite sure what simple projects i could have them do in an hour a week and still keep their interest.
  20. Soaring

I got it! Make them build the ring from Halo :p But make sure to print it on 148 gsm :)