GreMir Soviet He-100D by Squbi

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by shoki2000, Nov 9, 2006.

1. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Some time ago Dimas Karabas (THANKS!) showed his excellent Lavochkin fighter printed on silver paper and suggested something similiar for He-100.

It took some time, but finally first example is ready.
    Model was built and photographed by Squbi but he is not a member and I just couldn't resist showing it off :grin:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. cbg

cbg Member

Boy, that looks nice. . .I'm curious how he got the ink to stand off so well on the paper. Red looks nice and deep and panel lines show up nicely (at least in the photos) Was the paper treated at all prior to printing?

Is this the famous red river foil paper I've heard mentioned?

3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Yes, this is the Red River Silver paper for inkjets.
    I printed two test pages and must admit that I'm impressed.
    Two things to watch for - let the printout dry for a few minutes and do not try to build the model under the lamp, natural light is much more easier on the eyes :roll:
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

She be a beauty!

Alright Michael what are you going to build that you have already do some test printing?:twisted:
  5. Texman

Texman Guest

Having built several planes on RR silver, I can testify to Mike's assessment on using natural light vs the table light. The reflection on the paper is alot more than you expect.

6. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

P-51D The Flying Undertaker :twisted:
    ModelArt P-51D in Israeli markings, cleaned up in Photoshop to leave only panel lines.
    Problem is that right now the only time I can think about building anything is at night - read my comment on the lamp :oops:
  7. Alcides

Alcides Member

The model looks great. Really I want to build one, but may for 2010 :roll: .