GreMir Models Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by shoki2000, Jan 30, 2005.

1. jrts

jrts Active Member

Its been a great brake from doing the ship booklet kits that don't fit :x
    I still say the CD print yourself kits are the best, so far every book kit I have built has had problems. Oh and you don't have to scan a CD kit first!!
    So I have started to build the detailed engine already as a start to the better version of this model :D And the old eye's keep wandering to Mikes P-61 Black Widow I bought a while ago another very detailed model.

The only thing I can say about this model is, if you don't get it and your in to quality models you must be mad :lol:

Thanks Mike for letting me build this well worth the time

2. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Brilliant, Rob, simply brilliant! :D

Thanks for a superb thread and truly inspiring photography.

So...when is this model going to be available? :wink:

3. jrts

jrts Active Member

Missed this last one out :oops:

A look at it from the other side

Have fun when you get it

4. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Jim

Thanks for that mate

Its the kit that makes it look good not the builder, the fact that it all fits helps big time when doing a quick build.
    But as I said before I have built this as fast as possible, take your time and you will end up with a stunning model.

Thanks for the intrest by all in the build.

5. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Excellent job! And quick too :D
    Thank you for helping me in this moment of need.

One thing - I think you glued the air intake upside down :wink:
  6. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Mike is right an oops was made with the air intake, made it out of thick card and should have used thin paper :roll:

Its been changed and now is flush with the engine cowl as it should be :oops:

All good fun :lol:

Just put some better photo's in my album of the model, I will remove them in a few weeks as I do now with all photo's to save space on the site.

Great kit, fun build

7. shrike

shrike Guest

Following Rob's comments about fit. I just finished Rafal Ciesielski's He100D ( the Answer printed kit - which is aparently the same as the GreMir ones on disc) The fit was spectacular.Even the wing fillets, which are normally the bane of my existance required only the tiniest of trims. The P-61 just moved up 3 notches on my "I want one!" list.
  8. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Rob,

very beautiful build...i like your Shoki :)
  9. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

What a great looking model. The entire thing looks seamless! Therefore the fit MUST be superb. Will there be more than one color scheme Mike? And, how long till we can buy it?
  10. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

11. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

There is only one color scheme available.
  12. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

What format does the model come in? Is it PDF ? Is the PDF locked up or not?
  13. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

14. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Started the detailed build on this kit.

Not been able to build for the last few days for various reasons :cry:

So here we go with the extra bits for this build.
    Started with the engine as this will be the thing that decides how far I will be able to go with the engine bay detail. I want to have the model with inspection panels removed if possible. I say if possible, the model can take it if I can do it :lol:

The engine has 14 cylinders, the first photo gives an idea of the size. Right now Iam folding the cylinder heads, this will take a few days as they are small and must be done right for all the pipes to fit.

When the engine is finished I will do a parts count just out of intrest :D

More when I have this bit done

15. barry

barry Active Member

Great start Rob looking forward to the rest

16. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Rob! :D

Just when I was content that your first build was an awesome job, here you come along and show us a higher level of detail brilliantly done...can't wait to see your next update, mate!

17. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

A double-row engine, with all the pipes - this is going to be interesting. And inspection panels removed - way to go...

18. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

A liitle idea I hit upon by pure chance :roll:

For those of use who don't have a camera with a zoom, but do have a scanner. As you can see in the last photo of the engine block for this build its out of focus.
    This is the best my camera can do on small detail like this, each time I go out to buy a new one I get sidetracked :lol:

I asked my lad to do some scanning while I was out, he did and he also put the engine block in the scanner with the lid open :shock:
    But he put one of my white tubs I use for bits over the top :idea:

When I had a look at the scans he had done, I thought thats a dam good photo of the engine block showing the detail, but the file size was huge AHHHHHh. The way around this was to use the Screen Hunter downloaded from this site!! It reduced a 2.8MEG file to under 6KB.

The point to this is you can get good detail shots of your small detailed parts by scanning them and use another program to reduce the file size.

Its just an idea that needs to be played with, this one was done by a nine year old and turned out well. The scan shows what comes out of this and has not been altered in anyway other than to reduce the image MEG

Any thoughts from you all on this??

19. barry

barry Active Member

nice engine ..................... bright kid

20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey a scanner is in fact a camera.

Maybe we need to learn from the younger generation, that you don't know it won't work, until you try it!

Teach an old dog..............

Me thinks this needs to be in the tip forum!