Gremir HMS Badsworth

Toddlea

Aug 14, 2006
Sparks, Nevada
I have always been impressed with the quality of Gremir Kits. They are not over-engineered and contain enough detail to faithfully represent the subject matter.

I chose this kit for a thread because I was enticed by the colorful camoflage and the overall care in detail.

The kit has been scaled to 1:140 and is laserprinted on 11x17 90lb neon white stock.

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 529

Kevin G

Nov 27, 2003
Muskegon, Michigan
Great start! Looks nice and clean so far. How do you plan on keeping the print from flaking off while building? I have had zero luck with laser printing even with the suggestions from the pros here on the forums.
Anyways, can't wait to see progress on this one. Looks like it is a really good kit.

Toddlea

Aug 14, 2006
Sparks, Nevada
Color Copiers

I use a color copier to print kits. It is toner based and the printing is flexable and almost bullit proof. You can wipe off fingerprints without harming the print.

korvette

Oct 9, 2005
Izmir / Turkey
Hi Toddlea,

I built the "Badsworth" first as "BETA-Model". It is a real good choice. If you have any questions, don´t hesitate to ask for help. Good luck with this model.

cheers,

Korvette (OK, in Germany known as Jörg Schulze)

Toddlea

Aug 14, 2006
Sparks, Nevada
Hull Completed

After a lot of dry-fitting and patience, the hull is finished. I jumped ahead on some of the parts so I could paint it all at once.

Attachments

• hull.jpg
    hull.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 432
C

cgutzmer

holy cow! excellent hull! You must have put a great deal of time into that. Hulls are the specific reason I gave up on trying ships.... Maybe another day.... :)
Chris

Toddlea,
Great looking job so far! The hull color really jumps out at you! It's beautiful!
I'm in the market for a new printer and I am curious as to the brand and model of the printer you used. Can you give me some more info on it?

I have this model and a couple others from Gremir, but I have not started them as my printer is just not good enough for anything better than freebies. Well, it's probably good enough but I think all of Gremir's kits are worthy of better than what I have and that's a good enough excuse for me to justify the purchase!:grin:

I'm really looking forward to your build of this kit, keep up the good work!

Russell

Toddlea

Aug 14, 2006
Sparks, Nevada
Printer

I use a mita color copier to print my models. It can handle about 120lb, 12"x18" paper. Most people don't have access to this kind of high end copier and Kinkos printers can't handle card stock. If you want an affordable inkjet with real nice quality I have always been happy with Epson. Hope this helps.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Funny................ we seem to care alot about the looks of the parts that we don't see.:grin:

The hull is georgeous............. and I too am afraid of ships because I know I can not get the hull right, or haven't been able to in the past:cry:

I'm with barry, I look forward to seeing more pics!

john

jasco

Jan 4, 2005
Sycamore, IL
Yes, it is odd that the underwater hull is so important to some of us. I just don't think a ship looks like a ship without it, though. You've really set the bar high for getting the hull right. There are so many things to go wrong that you won't even know about until it is too late. You've done a beautiful job on her so far.