Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by VectorSigma, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VectorSigma

VectorSigma New Member

Hey, everybody, VectorSigma here. I'm a wargamer and roleplayer, and I've pretty much given up the world of lead and plastic for the cheaper (and more satisfying in some ways) world of paper miniatures and terrain.
  2. VectorSigma

VectorSigma New Member

Okay, that was a weak intro - I apologize, I was being mauled by my toddler.

Anyway, I've been doing the gaming thing for years (even used to work for Games Workshop), but as life moved on (did I mention the toddler? :) ) I started looking for cheaper, easier alternatives to certain portions of the hobby. Hence, the paper thing.

I think my original introduction to any sort of card modeling whatsoever would have to be Dover books when I was a kid - I'd spend hours carefully assembling each kit; wish I still had that kind of discipline!

My son (now 4) is totally into trains, so I expect in another year or two we'll be looking into doing some model railroading (beyond Thomas), so I'm expecting to do paper modeling for that train table as well.
  3. bulldogowner

bulldogowner Destroyer of Spam Moderator

Welcome aboard...have a look around...hope you find everything you need!!
  4. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Welcome - it's just another medium, but somehow more satisfying to create the parts as well as build the model. Looking forward to your words and work.

5. VectorSigma

VectorSigma New Member

Thanks, gang. I'm still getting up to snuff on the software end of things, so it'll be a while before anybody sees any (simple!) designs from me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.