Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by alfadoc, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

Hello from San Francisco. I've been a shadow on this site for a while now, and I've really liked what I've seen, so I finally decided to join. The level of craftsmanship I've seen has been a real inspiration, and it's a great comfort to know I'm not a subculture of one. I am currently building a collection of WW2 adversary planes(P-40 vs Ki-43, etc). I have a few ?'s:
    1) How do I create a personal photo gallery? I've looked everywhere for a link to create one, but no luck. Do you have to have a certain seniority to have one?
    2) Any modelers in the SF Bay Area? I'd like to perhaps start a local club.
    3)I am currently building the Halinski A6M2 Zero. Anyone interested in a continuing build thread?
    4) Has anyone succesfully built the GPM Me-262? I tried once and quit in frustration due to a combination of my lack of experience and the kit's improperly sized bulkheads, among other things. I just ordered it again, as I can't see a collection of WW2 fighters as complete without the Stormbird, and while I have more skill and a better idea of how to compensate for the kit's shortcomings, any help would be appreciated.
    5) Finally, can anyone recommend some good design software for Macs?
    I'd like to try my hand at designing, but don't know where to start.

Finally, a big shout out to Joseph Spinali at Spishop
    ( I've had great service from him; he always answers my questions promptly and I've never had a problem with an order.

Thanks all for a great site and resource.
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Welcome alfadoc!
    There are lots of ways to post a free photo album but I can only remember 1, maybe some other members can help with more.
  3. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

I was wondering how to create a personal gallery under the gallery tab here. Do you have to create a gallery elsewhere, and link to it, or is there a tab somewhere on the site I'm missing?:confused:
  4. modelincard

modelincard Member

Come to think of it, I'm not sure. Try badgering one of the admins.:-D But seriously, I think one of them might know best.
  5. nx13688

nx13688 Member

Click on "Gallery." Under "My Stuff," click "Category Admin." Then click the "Add Category" button. Give it a name, and select "Member's Categories" under Parent Category.
  6. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

It worked! Thanks!
  7. modano1

modano1 Member

Great looking model, was it a first?
  8. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Welcome to the form. Good looking P-40. One of my favorite planes.
  9. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

model photo

No, the P-40 is actually a recent build. I was going to put up more photos until I saw what poor quality my camera(a digital video camera that also takes still shots)puts out. I think I'll put them up anyway, and replace them later with high quality shots.
    Does anyone know of a model of the Dornier Do-335 besides the FlyModel version in 1:33? I was hoping Halinski or GPM might have one in the works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.