Greetings from your New Moderator!

Discussion in 'Dioramas & Displays' started by Fishcarver, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Hi Modelling Friends! It is with both humility and enthusism that I assume the post of moderator for Diorama Corner. Although I am a newbie to the card modelling scene, I have been a finescale modeller since the time I was about 6 years old. I am now 53: the astute among you can do the math!! For the last 10 years, my modelling has been mostly directed at 1:1 scale fish and birds, carved out of wood. Mixed media (brass,epoxy,wire and paper) is used extensively in my habitat backgrounds .
    I teach carving and have shown and sold my work internationally. But I am not here to toot my tiny tin horn. I'm here to introduce myself. As I've done that, let's get on with it!!
    My working definition of a "diorama" for the purpose of this forum is going to be "the model as a centrepiece/storyteller in its historical context". Don't let that definition scare you. We'll sort it out as we move along.

Looking forward to working with you
  2. Boris

Boris Member

Congratulations and best regards in entering to new "job"
    Cheers (Where's my Leff-bruin beer ? :) Oh here it is. :) )
  3. Falcon

Falcon Member

Congratulations Jim, I hope you can gife us (or me) some useful and cool tips.I guess I have found another interesting corner here :D

Happy modeling:
  4. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Thanx! Together, we are ALL Stronger!!

Gang: I appreciate the support! And I REALLY like this community. I look forward to working with you all!
    Da Fish