Greetings from Victoria, British Columbia

epiphanius

Jul 20, 2013
Hello there:

I came across my first paper model on the internet, and was struck by the wonder of being able to transmit, receive and build a 3d object that was borne out of simple binary digits.

I build model rockets as well, and have lately been working on combining these two, i.e. building flying rocket powered papercraft, which is how I came across the forum - I saw this thing of rare beauty, and learned that the model is available here. I am perfectly happy to wait before downloading now that I understand the forum rules.

Onward and upward,
e.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Combining paper models and model rocketry. What an interesting combination.
If you have any that are already built, please post photos.
When you start one of these projects, please post a build thread. I think that there would be quite a few people interested in such (me included).
Not only that, but build threads are a Great way of showing off your skills and techniques, as well as highlight problem areas that you are encountering with a particular project.

I hope that you enjoy yourself here.
I look forward to seeing your work.

Once again, welcome aboard.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome to the forum. There are tons of links to be found here of many models and of many genres. We love build threads so please don't be shy, and post ! :)

epiphanius

Jul 20, 2013
I have a plan and a paper model - I'm awaiting delivery of some of the rocket supplies - I'll keep you posted, for sure.

Thanks for the friendly replies,

e.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Sounds intriguing. I have a box of ESTES rocket engines! :)

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Welcome, epiphanius!

You seem to habe an innovative concept. I am intrigued, though; do you think the paper will stand the aerodinamic forces and the air drag? On the other hand, paper will have a much lower weight than other materials, if i'm not mistaken (I'm no engineer!)...
Well, once again, welcome!