Greetings from the Southern Tip of Africa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sepp10x, Nov 15, 2010.

1. sepp10x

sepp10x New Member

I registered a number of years ago, but have been unable to visit during the last 2 odd years. Hoping to be a regular visitor in future.

I have been modeling on-and-off my whole life, mainly plastic (sorry ??) and some scrathbuilding (mixed media) I was introduced to Paper through the FiddlersGreen site and am very much a novice at this game with only builds of there the Piper Cub and a german Glider.

My am mainly interested in aircraft and some armour. Since I am getting on in years, I will have to concentrate on larger models.
  2. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Check out the freebies and indulge yourself in the art of paper modeling. Check out the links and also for more enticements. Be forewarned, Paper modeling is addictive and watch out for paper cuts, they tend to mar the finish on the models. Post some pictures of your works as soon as you feel comfortable and see you around the forums.
  3. sepp10x

sepp10x New Member

Thank you very much for the kind welcome and the reference. I am slowly learning where to find the available resources again. I do find that many of the old sites have disappeared, but then there are many new ones that either has sprung up over the last 2 years or that I did not know of before..

I used to have a reasonable collection, but lost most these through a hard drive crash and the later theft of the back-up archives. One of my vices is that I like to collect "things".
  4. rocketmonkey

rocketmonkey New Member

Welcome sepp10x!