Greetings from the Netherlands!

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
Hi, I have been a member on here for over a month now, but got my hand smacked by the moderators yesterday, for not introducing myself here! So, here goes then!

My name is Daniel. You can call me Daniel, Dan, Danny, I don't mind (But, if you call me rich, then I know you are lying!! )

I am currently living in Almere in the province of Flevoland in the Netherlands. I have been living and working here for over 6 years now.
Originally, I was born in southern England, but when I was nine, the whole family up and moved to South Africa (my father had a 5 year work contract there.) There I remained for the next 27 years.... In 1996 I returned to England, as the living conditions in South Africa were, (and still are,) rather dangerous. (The Apartheid regime has reversed roles now, since Mandela was released). I stayed in England for a few years and moved to the Netherlands in early 2006.
I miss South Africa dearly; The land, the African skies, the climate.... They say that once you have Africa in your blood, it stays in you forever. That is very true.

Anyway, that was then. Now, I spend most of my time working as a Database Administrator for a document management (archive) company. This job is not physically demanding, but mental. Some nights I get home feeling like I have run a marathon, but have been sitting on my butt in front of 3 computer monitors for over 9 hours

In my spare(?) time, I keep the missus entertained, (as best I can,) cycle a lot, read, or do scale modelling.

I will be honest from the start: I am new to papercraft, but have many years experience working with plastic models, and what helps me now with this 'new' medium, is that I am a very quick learner! (The day you stop learning, is the day you die!)

What brought me here, and what stirred my interest in paper modelling, you will learn, when I start posting about my current project. I will start a new build thread soon.

Well, there you go, a quick run down of me. It doesn't tell you much, but if you want to know something specific, please feel free to ask!

Thank you for having me on board, and I hope I can contribute something positive to this hobby over time.

Take care and happy modelling!

(I will leave you with one tip: Never tie up your shoelaces in a revolving door.!!)

Z

Zathros

Geeze, I wouldn't call it hand smacked. :)

I kindheartedly :welcome1: you to the forum! I hope you enjoy yourself and if there is any I can do for you, just let me know. If you are looking for any certain type of model, many people around here know where you can find them, and quite a few are FREE. My favorite word. Very happy to have you here. Feel free to post pictures, we love pictures! :)

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
@ Zathros: A naughty boy not following the rules should get his hand smacked!!! ;-)

@ Otto & Ponytail: Dank je wel!!