Greetings from the Heart of Pennsylvania!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Slopster, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slopster

Slopster New Member

Hello there, Gang! I was bitten by the Paper Modelling bug about 4 months ago. I was unemployed, coming off a serious illness, and climbing a mountain of debt, and here was something that could let me get away from all that for the cost of some cardstock and ink! I could create something wonderful for next to nothing. I built models as a kid, but the kits I used to build are hard to find and expensive. Things are improving for me now, but my love of building things will never go away. Thanks for having this forum. I have already discovered many wonderful kits, tips, and gotten some awesome ideas for my own creations. Thanks, everybody for some great experiences, and here's to more to come for all!
  2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

welcome to the fold slopster. I look forward to seeing some of your creations.
  3. modelperry

modelperry Member

Welcome from a fellow PA resident. I live in South Central PA near MD border.
    Waynesboro PA.

What are your interests in regards to modeling? Air, sea, land?

4. Slopster

Slopster New Member

I started this whole thing with some Christmas decorations. Since then I've done a Laptop Mac, a small building, the Cardboy Calender, a Pearl drum set, and a Viper from the old Battlestar Galactica series. Get the idea? I just love to build. So I just pick something that looks interesting and go! I've also done some polyhedrons just for kicks. I find them useful as practice to help me visualize how three dimensional shapes go together, but also how they interact with each other. Mmm. Probably a bit more than you wanted to know, huh? Sorry, I tend to ramble. Nice to know there's someone in the neighborhood, nice to meetcha!
  5. Slopster

Slopster New Member

Quick follow-up question, BTW, what are you building?
  6. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

BTW, Hello to both of you. I too am from PA. I'm more central west PA, Brockway just off 80 exit 97. Glad to have both of you here and look forward to seeing what you both have done.
  7. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Welcome! I'm originally from Media, PA (just west of Philly), but my folks live in Lebanon, PA now.
  8. Slopster

Slopster New Member

Well, it's great to meet you all. I'll be looking forward to seeing all of your works as well. It really is a great hobby. Many of you are extremely talented, and having done a couple now, I can really appreciate what goes into a quality piece. Thanx for the great welcome!
  9. modelperry

modelperry Member

I just finished a Modelik Polonez-Poltruck "Policja". I had started a thread on it and plan on posting pictures this weekend of the finished product.

Prior to this I finished a Fly-Model Mig 3 and Maly Modelarz P-51B (very nice kit).:thumb:

I plan to do some work to my Maly Modelarz Bismarck now. I'm in the middle of the forward superstructure and took a break due to all the "microscopic" pieces.:eek:

When I work with that "other" modeling media, I concentrate on automotive subjects because I HATE painting camo schemes.::-x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.