Greetings from the flatlands of Kansas

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Griz, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griz

Griz New Member

Hi everybody!
    I'm Griz. I've been building plastic models for years and until recently, have never heard of or seen any card models before. Needless to say, I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. How does one start doing models of this type? I think I'd like to give it a try!!!
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

download a model you want to build.
    print it out.
    cut it out.
    glue it together.
    take pictures of it.
    and make us all drool.

repeat as needed

3. barry

barry Active Member

Hi Griz

Or to be more truthfull pick a model print it out make a cods of it print it out build it again send the photos preferably both trys.

4. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Griz

Welcome to the wrecking crew.

Have fun thats what its all about in the end.
    As the others say pick, print and stick. We all have our own ways of doing things but with the band we have here help is always around so ask away anytime.

And the must for all card bashers DON'T FORGET THE PHOTOS :lol:

Have fun

5. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Hi Griz. I'm assuming from your title that you are from Kansas. It's nice to finally meet someone on here that also lives in the wide stretch of nothingness called Kansas. As the others have pointed out, it's really up to you how to get started. Numerous free models are available on the internet, it's just a matter of searching. I recommend building a few free ones before spending the bucks on a published kit. I'm sure you'll enjoy paper modeling just as much, and hopefully more than plastic modeling. It is extremely addictive :twisted: Have fun!
  6. gera

gera Member

Hi Griz:
    Yes sir, I agree with the other a free model and start cutting, bending and paint the edges of the paper before pasting, you can use regular color pencils (they are actually great!!!).
    Have fun and do take pictures and post them. You'll never go back to plastics :wink:
  7. Gil

Gil Active Member

Hi Griz,

First time I landed in Kansas I lay down on the ground to hold on. I was afraid I was going to fall off or be blown off the Earth.

All kidding aside the recommendations ring true. Nice thing about downloads is that you can keep on trying...., not so in plastic. Take it slow and easy. Contemplate each piece and the actions required to assemble it. You'll find that cardmodeling has a lot Zen wrapped up in...., but mostly just have fun and don't forget to post the photos.

Best regards, Gil
  8. cardfan

cardfan Member

Hey there Griz,

Welcome! What ever you do, don't give up if you aren't happy with your first few efforts. Also try to do different types of models to find what you like best. I started with buildings, then aircraft and now seem to be in some sort of ship dimention...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.