Greetings from Texas

SirGavvin

Greetings fellow zealots!

As a kid, I used to LOVE putting together plastic models. However, as years went by, my interests wandered and I no longer did modelling. Fast forward many years and my sons got interested in Warhammer 40K. I had played a bit in it's early years, but back then there was very little modelling associated with it. Today, it is all about plastic and resin model kits.

So, I started modelling again. At first, it was simple conversions, then complex conversions and on to complete scratch builds. Just recently, I decided to try my hand at building some models from Patoroch's templates. I decided that I had probably do a mock-up out of cardstock first before committing to plasticard. Just for kicks, I decided to print out the colored version, just to see what it would look like.

After completing it, I was amazed at the detail and quickly went to build another one.... and another one. Now I am completely hooked on card modelling. So far, all of my models have been for Warhammer 40k, but I am beginning to see other models that pique my interest. Also, my daughter is wanting to start card modelling as well. She has seen all the lovely anime models and is bugging me to teach her how to build them.

SirGavvin

I have a thread started in the Warhammer 40K section on the Grot tanks I am working on for my son. Check it out!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place for WH40K. As you may have seen already, we have many members who are really into it as well. Not only that, but we have an entire section completely devoted to WH40K, with all of Patoroch's templates, which you can download now (without waiting for the four week time period).

Once again, welcome aboard.

paper hollywood

Yes, welcome to Zealot, Sir. I used to live in Denton and it's a great town. Your discovery of paper modeling reminds me of my own experience with it. I'd done cardstock architectural forms off and on over the years, but never discovered the way cool paper model movement until I ran across it on the web in the mid '90s. I've been a total convertee ever since.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I knew one of the most beautiful girls I have ever known, and she was from Denton Texas too. Welcome aboard! :)