Greetings from South Central, PA

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by KCStephens, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

Hello to all,

Since I'm new around here I'd like to take a minute to introduce myself.
    My name is Kevin, I reside in York, PA along with my lovely wife and three children.

As a kid I built my fair share of models - mostly plastic kits of cars and trucks and the occasional balsa airplane.

Just reciently I've gotten the itch to get back into modeling, It's something that I've always enjoyed. With the lack of good hobby shops in my area we're pretty much stuck with the discount dept store offerings of pre-painted, half already assembled, snap together, cookie cutter toys! That is not modeling!

Thank goodness my son and I discovered the popular fiddlers green website. We were hooked on card modeling instantly. We've downloaded and built several of the free models that we've found here and there on the internet and had a great time learning new skills and patients along the way.

Card modeling makes you feel like you have actually accomplished something other than just glueing together a few parts. By cutting, forming, folding, gluing and actually creating a complex 3D sculpture from something as simple as a sheet of paper really gives me a great felling of accomplishment.

My main interest is WWII Armor. I love the wheels, gears, tracks and Big guns! It's just amazing how many different kits there are to choose from. I just ordered the Pzkpfw IV ausf H kit from the Paper Model Store and can not wait until it arrives. I'll keep you posted on my progress

Happy Modeling.:thumb:
  2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Welcome - there is much for you and your son to enjoy here. I look forward to your build progress.
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold! That is awesome that you can share it with your son! My daughter doesnt quite have the attention span yet.... Looking forward to seeing some of your build.
  4. modelperry

modelperry Member

Welcome fellow South Central PA Modeler. I'm from Waynesboro myself (just south of Chambersburg and west of Gettysburg. I used to attend a plastic model car club in York, but that was years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.