Greetings from South Africa

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi All,

I'm based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Most of my free time is spent building Sci-fi models when I'm not on my bicycle or looking after my 2 kids (5 & 18 months). I'm currently building a challenging USS Voyager which has been in progress the last month or so....

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to Zealot. We have a few members from SA. We also have many members who are into SCI-FI (including myself). So you should feel right at home here.
If you have any photos of some of your current project (or even of some of your past projects), please post them. Everyone here loves seeing photos.
Not only that, but posting a build thread is a GREAT way to show off your work, skills and talents, as well as highlighting any problem areas that you may need help with.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you ( or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here and I look forward to seeing your work soon.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
These look GREAT!!!
You did a FANTASTIC JOB on both of them!!!
I have not built 3-PO yet, but I did build R-2 once as a gift for a friend. It turned out quite nice.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Thanks! 3 PO is quite nice, I found the hands a bit of a challenge, still not completely happy with the gap between the fingers where they enter the hands, I feel it's a big large. R2 is very cool a nice casual build. Must get round to building the other R2 units that we see in Episode I.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hi, CG! Welcome to the forum! If you have the time please start a thread on your Voyager. I'd love to see her! :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Well, the B-Wing was ambushed by the Imperial AT-AT (aka my 18 month old son), and sadly has no guns & flys with a limp :(, so I don't want to display the B-Wing in this state. I do have some of the others, some where....

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I am amazed that with an 8 year old and an 18 year old they survive for any length of time when finished! Welcome to Zealot. Nice work. Enjoy them while you can, the ships and the kids! :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Hi Legal, it is Christine's design, it's a beautifully made template. I need to put more batteries in the camera for some Voyager pics :( hopefully this weekend. As requested though, here's some close ups of the rebel fighters, even the B-Wing before Episode VII; Grasp of the Toddler!

Attachments

• X-Wing front.JPG
    X-Wing front.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 23
  • Y-Wing top view.JPG
    Y-Wing top view.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
  • B-Wing.JPG
    B-Wing.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • X-Wing rear.JPG
    X-Wing rear.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
  • Y-wing front.JPG
    Y-wing front.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
  • A-Wing guns.JPG
    A-Wing guns.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 24

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Aah, you can't get too mad at the. I had two electrodes hooked up to the Occipital Nerves in my head, and my son was taking a nap with me, and decided, "Those don't look right there", and Yanked them out. Thankfully, there were not sutured in or I would be, or I would be re, repe , repeat, repeating y, mys, myself. :)