Discussion in 'Introductions' started by thunderstruck, Jul 28, 2011.

1. thunderstruck

thunderstruck New Member

Hello all,

Heard of this site when I was reading a thread on Model Ship World, which I am a member. I am into wooden modelsboats and ships. Plastic models, autos, military, ed roth, tom daniels, ect. Considering paper models. Some thing I am going to get my kids into and then gradually moving them on up. Heard this was a nice site.:wave:

Regards Mario
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

"welcome1: to the forum! There are lots of paper ship models. I built the model on the link below. I doubled it's size, (using Photoshop) it's 28" long (original is 14"! The model is free! (my favorite word). You can try your skills at it and end up with a beautiful model. The model is wonderful at it's original size. This model is a challenge, but with your background, it will be a great way to discover paper modeling of ships

Attached Files:

3. bl4ckkn16ht

bl4ckkn16ht New Member

welcome thunderstruck,

and zathros how long did u take to make the ship? it looks amazing great!!
  4. thunderstruck

thunderstruck New Member

Hello zathros, bl4ckkn16ht,

Great to be here. Been looking at paper model site .I have found some free sites. But I notice paper model sites are real popular in poland and the uk. Am I correct? My kids have been bugging me to try and find the Black Pearl. Is there such a kit in paper?

Regards Mario:mrgreen:
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That's the picture from the site I posted above. I Photoshopped mine and made it 26 Inches long. It took around 2 months on and off.
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Go this site NOW!! and get it while you can! Make sure to download the instructions!

Attached Files:

7. thunderstruck

thunderstruck New Member

Thanks Zathros. I guess download 24 n 25 are the instructions??? Not much to go on. I think I will try a couple of simpler models before I tackle this one. Took so long to answer because my dad is ill and i have been helping my mom out. I will try and login tonight to see if i can find a build log for the Pearl.