Greetings from Oregon

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by hawkman67, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

Hello, My name is Jeff;
    I live in Sutherlin, Ore. on the I-5 corridor, Just wanted to say hello to all and am glad I joined, I have cruised on here a lot and have always liked what I have seen and like to make new friends where I can.

I am into cardmodels of aircraft, Sci-Fi, real space, and others depending on mood lol, and what my 9 yr old son wants to make. Looking forward to meeting others,

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum!
    I'm glad you finally joined up after watching for a while.
    It's good to have another modeler join in the fun!
    I know you will enjoy your stay here. There's always something going on!

Hope you have a digital camera. You know everyone loves to see models here!
    See you around the forum!

3. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

Thanks much

Hello, and Thanks for the warm welcome!
    I'll be posting as I can, have a cheesy camera for now but a new one is being considered. Right now am working on doing FG repaints, and building a FG B-24 from John Dell, with addon parts such as a cockpit, wheel wells and waist positions, I am using parts I scanned from the GPM B-24 kit I have.
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

If you haven't looked at any cameras lately, your in for a big surprise!
    Not a bad one, a good one. What was $500 2 years ago is under a hundred now.
    Just like computers, they get outdated quickly now and you can get a really good camera at a budget price.

Your B24 sounds pretty interesting. A frakenstein kit!
    I wouldn't mind seeing a cheesy pic of it!:twisted:

5. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Welcome from the better side of the state 8v)

Having been in and out of here for a while, you know what we are like, but if you have any questions, ask. Someone will have an answer.

Enjoy the finer side of modeling...we do!
  6. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

thanks there

Thanks for the welcome, So very true, but that is what makes us all fun to be around and the hobby even more interesting, I used to live out that way in Bend for a couple of years before moving over here, I do miss the area and I get out that way once a year or so to take my son there to explore the lava caves and to enjoy the snow.

7. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Didn't have all that much snow this year, but I do love the Lava Lands. Newberry Volcanic Monument is one of my favorite places in this area.
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold! Gonna go check out your gallery right now :)

*edit* dont see it! must not have gotten the directions from Russell fast enough :)
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

It is there Chris, just not under his name.

The newest gallery is always at the top of the list, check again.:wink:

10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Ah yes, thanks!
  11. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Does the Sun rise sooner in Oregon?...or do you guys stay up late? lol

Welcome Jeff!!!
  12. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

Umm.. not sure

LOL, thanks for the welcome!
    To be honest, I don't sleep well and I do not like to go to bed before my son falls asleep.It is just him and I. That and I have been kind of a night person forever it seems. I do a lot of my hobby work at night.

Regards, Jeff
  13. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

You should know the further north you are, the longer the sun stays up 8v) Sometimes I swear I am back above the Arctic Circle...hehe.
  14. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

That is great

Hello, Carl;
    I used to live up there in Salem, until about 5 years ago, I worked out at Chemeketa Comm. College. And before that I was a member of 641st Mi Bn Ae out at the airport when they had the ugly grey twin engine Mohawks.
    hope to hear from you and others
    thanks, Jeff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.