Greetings from MI!

jeboissy

Ensign Newbie
Nov 1, 2013
Michigan
Greetings fellow modelers, papercrafters and <insert hobby here>...

My name is John... I'm a graphic/web/print designer in Ypsilanti, MI. I only have one papercraft model to my name, you can see it here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jboissy/sets/72157594360165051/

I made it for a friend who was leaving the office where we work to join the military. He and I are big fans of classic arcade and console games, so I made his going away card a simplified papercraft model of a handheld Coleco Ms. Pac-Man game.

Anyhoo, I have an old Epson 2200 that's not used much and I think it would be great for printing papercraft models. You'll probably be getting lots of paper questions from me... correct stock, weight, etc.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Regards,
jB

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello John,

Welcome to the forum. That was a cool gift that you made for your friend. Is this something that you designed, or is it something that you found on the internet?

What other sort of things do you like to build? Is there a particular genre that you like, or a particular model that you are looking for?

As for asking questions, by all means go right ahead and ask away. We will do what we can to answer them (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard and I hope that you enjoy yourself here.
I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
jeboissy

Welcome, and what a first job! You mean you're the author of that? Cool enough!
If you're not, then it's also cool, you did a great build. Welcome to our "family", and I say that because I know that ZEALOT is different. It's SPECIAL, because WE (INCLUDING YOU) make it so.
Welcome!

Rogério Silva

Mark Crowel

User of old school drafting tools; no CAD.
Jul 28, 2007
Southwest Michigan.
Hello to you, from Kalamazoo. Good job on the arcade replica. What weight of cardstock did you use?

My thing is paper model cars. Good to see another Michigander here.

Marman

Jan 12, 2014
Wilmington, NC
Welcome to the forum. I haven't completed my first build yet, but the members here have been pretty receptive and informative when it comes to questions, even those we tend to think are not worth our asking, for what ever reason. Really nice build. Reminds me of the old games from the eighties.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome to Zealot. :)