Greetings from Massachusetts

Banyon

Jun 28, 2012
Back in the day I loved making plastic models. That was a LONG time ago. I've been out of the modeling arena / area for a long time but I stumbled across this site while surfing the net. I was impressed and amazed at some of the models that you produce. Yup. I was bitten again. i just went out and got some toold and want to start building something right away.

Hope to be able to show you something finished soon... Odds are it'll look like something my 5 yo did, but it'll be my first and I'll be inordinatly proud of it.

Take care all!

Z

Zathros

Banyon, we are very Happy to have you in our forum! :welcome1: aboard. Don't worry about the quality of your models, they always look better than you think, and many are willing to help you improve, and find models. We tend to go for FREE models here, there are 10's of 100's to be had, So why not build them! :)

Let us know your interests. Maybe we can find some models for you. Archive anything you even think you may build, with the instructions. Models disappear all the time.Thanks! :)

Banyon

Jun 28, 2012
Well, I'm interested in a LOT of the stuff that you all have here.

My 4yo is train MAD! I'm sure he'll love staring at the model Railraod stuff and will eventually pick it up as a hobby. He's still very much in the Thomas and Chuggington merchandising target age group, but he adores real trains as well. Locally we have the Wenham museum which has a huge model Railroad room. He always wants to go there... Always!

My 5yo adores cars (and planes). I'm sure in due course he'll be playing with RC models.

Me, as an Army officer, I enjoy the military models, but I also enjoy strategy and tactics. I'll be looking in the Games forums as well as Tanks and Boats forums to see whats available.

I was initially drawn to the site by following a thread on another board about scratchbuilding a Warhammer 40k Titan... Someone mentioned paper tank and posted a couple of ones that had build. I thought it was BRILLIANT and immediatly started researching more and more about it. Eventually I ended up here where I see not only can my love of REAL military models, but also my wargaming hobby can combine into something that takes true skill, time, effort and dedication.

Its a hobby where what you get out of it is directly to the time, effort and care that you put into it.

Hope this explains a bit more about me.