Greetings from Lithuania

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Mindaugas, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hello everyone. I'm very glad, that such nice forum for cardmodelers exists. I found there very much of useful information, that could not be found anywhere.

My name is Mindaugas. Surname - Pekarskas. I live in Lithuania in city of Kaunas. I am 17 years old (I was born in 1987 August 8 ). Currently I live with parents. I have no brothers, nor sisters.

Everything began, when my Dad got ill. I was about 8 years old. My dad loved card modeling, but he forgot this hobby, when he was taken to USSR army. So, during these days, when he stayed at home, he found an old Maly Modelarz issue (RWD-17 Plane (8.1984)) and try to assemble it. He worked very slowly and thoroughly, and I was impressed, how he could make such nice plane, from some kind of an old and frayed magazine. Then I've found more old models, and I tried to make them. Off course, they looked awful when made, but I liked that. I don't know why, but I've forgotten my hobby. I've returned to card modeling after 8 years. When I was sixteen, I saw some model photos on the internet and this made me to return to card modeling. Then I've found out, that there's a hobby shop in my city, so from now on I am guaranteed to have an unlimited supply of paper models.

Besides this wonderful hobby I like reading books (mostly associated with warfare), computers, internet, biking, snowboarding, skiing and various kinds of sports.
  2. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Mindaugas,

Welcome to wonderful hobby, enjoy modeling :D
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Welcome, Mindaugas! :D

I'm glad you found this forum and look forward to seeing your posts and, perhaps, a build thread on your models. What type of models are you most interested in?

It's wonderful to have a hobby shop that carries paper models; most of the shops in my area don't carry any but thanks to many great folk models are readily available online.

Hope to see some of your builds here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.